Honored Contributor

Can I do this with my crock pot?

[ Edited ]

Can I bake my stuffing in the oven, using my crock pot crock and then place it into the base to keep warm?

If someone knows, please let me know before I create a catastrophe.

Thank you.

ETA:  Thanks for your responses. I did what I should have done before bothering everyone - I Googled it.. here's the answer:

All Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker removable crockery inserts (without lid) may be used safely in the microwave and the oven set up to 400°F. If you own another slow cooker brand, please refer to your owner's manual for specific crockery cooking medium tolerances.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Can I do this with my crock pot?

@house_catI do not have the answer but if you still have the info that came with it or can find it online with a search I would call customer service/ info line and ask about the specific product.

Valued Contributor

@house_cat

I would google the type of crock pot you have and see if you could do that. I would think it would be safe. I have one of the casserole type crock pots and that crock can be used in the oven, so I would think yours would be able to go in the oven also. I hope you get a definite answer soon!

cookin

Valued Contributor

forgot to add that my crock can go in the oven, but the lid cannot. It has plastic around the handles

cookin

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Can I bake my stuffing in the oven, using my crock pot crock and then place it into the base to keep warm?

If someone knows, please let me know before I create a catastrophe.

Thank you.

@house_cat

Usually I would just refer you to google but I was curious myself. This answer is for the Crock Pot brand:

Is my Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker oven or microwave safe? Removable stoneware is ovenproof and microwave safe. Do not use removable stoneware on gas or electric burner or under broiler. Refer to chart below:
LidYesNoNoNo
StonewareYesYes, but not in the broilerYes*No
*Refer to your Microwave oven manual for operation with ceramic Stoneware

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see why not - it's stoneware.  Avoid sudden temp changes and you should be fine.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Why not just bake the stuffing in foil covered pan, then transfer the "stuff" to the crockpot to keep it warm (I'm assuming that's the reason you want to specifically use the crockpot for baking.)  

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone!

@froggy

It is Crock Pot brand.  I'm going to double check when I get home later, but based on your info it seems like it will be okay.  I just thought I'd save myself washing one more vessel if I bake it and pop it into the base to stay warm.  I was expecting that my forum friends would say they do this all the time - it kind of worries me that no one has said that, lol.  Usually, that's a clue that I'm doing something boneheaded!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I never thought of that.  My crew likes the stuffing baked so it's just a little brown.  My crock also has a turkey breast so DS gets enough leftovers and doesn't come back after mine.  (I am not! kidding!!!)Smiley Happy