Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can I brag about my Vitamix?

Lacey, I am so glad first of all that you are doing so well! Sounds like you were and are really proactive.

I love my Vitamix too. I use it everyday and follow a diet high in anti-inflammatory types of foods. I have Crohns disease and problems with my immune system because of drugs I have been on in the past for it. I feel the same way you do about your Vitamix. It makes it so much easier to eat healthy and really incorporate a lot of foods high in antioxidants. I am now using this for my 7 month old grandson. He loves smoothies with kale, spinach, apples, bananas, and mixed berries. I use organic greek yogurt with it and he just goobles them up!

Thanks for sharing your posts with us and keep it up!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:

Lacey, I am so glad first of all that you are doing so well! Sounds like you were and are really proactive.

I love my Vitamix too. I use it everyday and follow a diet high in anti-inflammatory types of foods. I have Crohns disease and problems with my immune system because of drugs I have been on in the past for it. I feel the same way you do about your Vitamix. It makes it so much easier to eat healthy and really incorporate a lot of foods high in antioxidants. I am now using this for my 7 month old grandson. He loves smoothies with kale, spinach, apples, bananas, and mixed berries. I use organic greek yogurt with it and he just goobles them up!

Thanks for sharing your posts with us and keep it up!!

Wow, I'm so glad you're using the Vitamix to help with your Crohn's. It is so wonderful to get your grandson eating healthy. That is such a great gift to give him! Good job!

Honored Contributor

lacey---hurray for you and your great blood labs!!! I too, made smoothies out of the power house, super greens when I went thru breast cancer treatments. I SWEAR that it helped me endure the chemo so much better than without it. I had some pretty gnarly chemo too and I did better by far than alot of folks. I cut out most of the dairy and make my own kefir coconut water to add to my smoothies. I also drink at least a pitcher of green tea with jasmine that I make into iced tea. Turmeric is also my good friend. I take tamox now and my whole body hurts because of it,so the turmeric helps with the aches and pains and with the inflammation as well as helping me sleep too. We are now THRIVERS as well as survivors!!!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Regular Contributor

You can brag & I'm so happy with your experience! I have one, I convinced my daughter she needs one for her picky, finicky toddler and she makes him smoothies in it...so healthy & he LOVES them! Now--I've promised my son's girlfriend, that when they get married, I'd get her one for her shower...Well..my son proposed and the wedding is July 2016 and so I'm saving my $$ for their Vitamin!!!

Valued Contributor

You go girl! You brag about the vitamix! Just make sure you share your creations!

Trusted Contributor

Keep up the great work and very best to you with your health! Love reading such positive good news. I love my vitamix, green smoothies, soups etc, but nothing like what you're doing!
Valued Contributor

Lacey-Thanks so much for sharing your story. While I love my Vitamix, too, and love using it, I love reading your story even more. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} My best to you!

Frequent Contributor

On 3/8/2015 lacey1 said:

When I was diagnosed, I read everything I could on the internet about breast cancer. There's been a lot of research that never has been incorporated into cancer treatment for one reason or another-but a lot of it made sense to me. Anyhow, I decided to try and avoid the added hormones/preservatives that they use in modern food processing. That meant organics and non-GMO's I also went heavy on the anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory superfoods.

My smoothies: Organic 2% dairy milk, (I avoid soy products due to plant estrogens). Raw oatmeal, raw spinach, apple, banana, peanut butter, pumpkin puree, vegemite, plain Greek yogurt, blueberries, cocoa, chia seeds. I swap out similar ingreds: Kale for Spinach, etc.

Soups: Cabbage, tomato, veggie stock, pumpkin puree, carrots, spinach, yogurt, beans, etc. Swaps too, other whole grains, chard, etc.

The main ingredients are the dark, leafy greens.

Dairy,(cheese, kefir, buttermilk, etc.) beans, and Textured Vegetable Protein are my protein sources. Organic beef/chicken are too expensive-so I decided to skip them. I don't eat fish because I don't really like it, and there is a lot of controversy about ocean pollutants, and environmental concerns with farmed fish.

I make my own bread with a lot of wholesome grains, and sourdough. One slice a day is enough bread carbs for me. I spread homemade hummus.(add more spinach!) or peanut butter on it.

I also buy Broccoli Sprout Extract capsules from Vitacost. Take two a day. There has been a ton of good research on the benefits of this.

I drink water and unsweetened green tea. The less sugar, salt and carbs in your diet, the less you want them. My big treat is a cup of good coffee with maple syrup, and that's seldom.

When I am invited out somewhere, I eat whatever they are serving or choose light selections from the restaurant menu. That's seldom, and I don't what to make a fuss or draw attention to my diet choices.

I hope any of this info can help someone. Please be aware, this is what I do based on my studies. Please check with your health care provider, and do your own homework. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

What A great post. Best of health to all of you. I also have a 5200. I purchased it around the time I needed intestinal surgery for a rare inflammatory bowel condition (not crohns/colitis) a few years back. My health has improved greatly and the Vitamix was so helpful when I was on a more restricted diet. Great for smoothies, nut/seed butters, sauces etc. Lacey- I love broccoli sprouts. I buy them locally and throw them on salads in sandwiches etc. Only have a few minor issues with the unit. It's bit large for me as a single person and wish it were a bit easier to get it super clean. Any tips?

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 gingi said:
What A great post. Best of health to all of you. I also have a 5200. I purchased it around the time I needed intestinal surgery for a rare inflammatory bowel condition (not crohns/colitis) a few years back. My health has improved greatly and the Vitamix was so helpful when I was on a more restricted diet. Great for smoothies, nut/seed butters, sauces etc. Lacey- I love broccoli sprouts. I buy them locally and throw them on salads in sandwiches etc. Only have a few minor issues with the unit. It's bit large for me as a single person and wish it were a bit easier to get it super clean. Any tips?

You can buy broccoli seeds for sprouts ( and other sprouting seeds) from sproutpeople.com they are so easy to sprout, plus cheaper and fresher than store bought. I'm not affiliated with them just a happy customer.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

On 3/9/2015 jaxs mom said:
On 3/9/2015 gingi said:

You can buy broccoli seeds for sprouts ( and other sprouting seeds) from sproutpeople.com they are so easy to sprout, plus cheaper and fresher than store bought. I'm not affiliated with them just a happy customer.

Thanks for the tip. I'm lucky to have a fantastic reasonably priced vendor at my local farmer's market but will def consider for the future. Smiley Happy