Contributor

Campbell's new Slow Cooker/Oven/Skillet sauces

Has anyone tried these new sauces? I heard about them but haven't seen them in the stores. The information on them looks great for those who don't have time or like to cook and just want a sauce to put over a roast, etc. I'm sure they're high in sodium. I think they have more sauces for the slow cooker than the others. Please post if you've tried them or know anything about them. Thanks in advance.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Campbell's new Slow Cooker/Oven/Skillet sauces

I would also like any opinions.

Super Contributor

Re: Campbell's new Slow Cooker/Oven/Skillet sauces

Yes, I tried the Moroccan Chicken and it was very good!

They recommend that you use boneless,skinless chicken thighs (which I did) and it fed 4 of us hungry people. I put in a little more chicken than recommended. You get lots of sauce. I served it with rice made with coconut milk, golden raisins, and sliced, toasted almonds. Yumm!

Before I bought the package, I googled reviews of these sauces and found some (primarily from bloggers who used each of the sauces).

I love the idea of these sauces because you just put in the meat or chicken and cover with the sauce and cook. Doesn't require any mixing of lots of ingredients.

I finished the dish off with some cut-up fresh cilantro and squeezed in some fresh lemon.