Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Calling all Instant Pot lovers or lovers to be!

Amazon has the Ultra 6 qt for $99 today! Wow. Same price as the IP duo plus 6 qt but the Ultra is usually a good bit more expensive. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling all Instant Pot lovers or lovers to be!

After the recent lawsuit and independent testing, showing that the Insta Pot can explode and cause serious injuries, no thanks.

Google it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

Amazon has the Ultra 6 qt for $99 today! Wow. Same price as the IP duo plus 6 qt but the Ultra is usually a good bit more expensive.

Yes that is a good price but I really like the duo plus for now...Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

Did anyone get a letter from the Q reguarding any problems with the Instant Pot ? That's where I purchased mine.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't put to much credence with these reports.

People don't know what they're doing more then likely.

Won't read instructions probably using it for Lord knows what.

sour grapes, etc. 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  From what I understand people weren't letting the Instant Pot vent properly before removing the lid.  It's still a pressure type cooker and people need to read the directions and not take short cuts.  People need to take responsibility for their own actions, not file lawsuits.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how they even skip the venting process and open the lid of ANY pressure cooker. They're wanting to open that baby really bad to have that hot steam under pressure to blow up in your face.

Take a hammer and chisle to even attempt it. If you can't wait for the few minutes that it takes to switch the control to vent and let it vent then your in to much of a hurry. What U got in there ? LOL

You know how people are nowdays if they have to wait more then 5 seconds for a prescription to be filled  or a hamburger in the drive thru

then all hale breaks loose.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Did anyone get a letter from the Q reguarding any problems with the Instant Pot ? That's where I purchased mine.

I got mine in 9-2018 use it weekly. No problem, from QVC