Honored Contributor

Caller during recent L&L show.

Last night I watched a recording of a recent L&L show with Jayne Brown and the new L&L rep.  Jayne is one of my favorite hosts and the new rep is knowledgeable and does a good job... though I do caution her to be careful about speaking over the host.

During the show they took two or three customer phone calls. I watch very little QVC these days as I'm minding my budget carefully, but I thought they had eliminated the phone calls. I'm one who actually enjoyed the calls because I inevitably hear something that blows my mind. The caller on this show did not disappoint.

She said that other than bread and those things she needs to buy fresh regularly, she buys all her groceries from QVC.

Whaaaat? She referenced a family and didn't sound like someone living alone.  I can't even imagine this.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Caller during recent L&L show.

Enjoyed your post. I have noticed from what little QVC I watch(usually in the middle of the night when insomnia gets me) that the calls presented on the air are increasing,don't care for them.

And on Irish days everyone that calls in tells us they have Irish heritage.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Last night I watched a recording of a recent L&L show with Jayne Brown and the new L&L rep.  Jayne is one of my favorite hosts and the new rep is knowledgeable and does a good job... though I do caution her to be careful about speaking over the host.

During the show they took two or three customer phone calls. I watch very little QVC these days as I'm minding my budget carefully, but I thought they had eliminated the phone calls. I'm one who actually enjoyed the calls because I inevitably hear something that blows my mind. The caller on this show did not disappoint.

She said that other than bread and those things she needs to buy fresh regularly, she buys all her groceries from QVC.

Whaaaat? She referenced a family and didn't sound like someone living alone.  I can't even imagine this.

Wow. If she does buy all of her food from Q, she's paying a lot more than ordering online from a local grocery store or meat market.

I rarely believe callers because they tend to gush and carry on like Q and hosts are the best thing since sliced bread. 

Honored Contributor

People can say whatever they want "behind" a phone or computer.  Take what people say with a grain of salt.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

Wow, that lady has an unlimited amt of money to spend on groceries .

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

I like some of the customer calls too!😃

Valued Contributor

I can understand  if you live in a rural area as we and have to drive miles to one of the Super Markets ordering this way might be a big help to someone.

I have some things from the Q  food shows on  auto delivery  as we don't have a big supply of grocery stores close by ,so just recently a few of my  auto deliveries came within a few days of each other ,like the  Egg Harbor Salmon ,Heartland  Fried Chicken Egg Harbor Hake  Fish,Kansas City Steakburgers, all delicious and  freezer is packed and all got delivered right to my door, and some  are on easy pay ,makes life a lot easier especially being seniors.We do have a produce store that is close to home so get our fruits, vegetables ,eggs ,milk some can items and anything else needed  comes from Amazon and once  again delivered right to the door.

Respected Contributor

That seems really hard to believe!

Honored Contributor

@Mimi NY 

Thank you for providing a different perspective.  I've never lived more than a couple of miles from a grocery store and I tend to forget that many people do.

~ house cat ~