Esteemed Contributor

Re: Caked On Skillets? Read this Solution!

They also sell more intense green/gray pads in the paint section.  Wouldn't be without them.  They can be cut down to size.

A can of Comet along with one is a force of nature. 

Esteemed Contributor

LOL. Funy post @lolakimono

Thanks for the laugh!

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono  Smiley Very Happy "I threw it away and bought a new one " -- I have used that handy hint before.

Regular Contributor

I love the solution...lol..

As I was reading, I was starting to assemble the ingredients that I had in my pantry..all read to mix up the brew for my disgusting pan....I didn't see the punch line coming..good one!

Valued Contributor

I would be careful with Barkeepers Friend.  I used it and rinsed off the item in my kitchen sink and it took off all of the chrome around the drain.  Now I have an ugly brass drain instead of a nice shiney one.  :smileymad:

Esteemed Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

I would be careful with Barkeepers Friend.  I used it and rinsed off the item in my kitchen sink and it took off all of the chrome around the drain.  Now I have an ugly brass drain instead of a nice shiney one.  :smileymad:

@Melzie 

Are you sure upon didn't mix anything else with the Barkeeper's Friend?  I use it all of the time with no ill effects on my chrome.  I did, however, have the same thing happen in a bathtub drain once.  I can't remember what  I poured down that drain -  but it took off the chrome finish around the drain hole.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

So funny @lolakimono !   But I get the impression that a few posters didn't read through to the end, ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

So funny @lolakimono !   But I get the impression that a few posters didn't read through to the end, ha ha.

Happens all the time!

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono 

Gave me a good chuckle, 😂

Valued Contributor

To Shoesnbags:

Nope!  I didn't use anything else.  Used it the same way I would use Comet, Alax, or any similar product.  Just mentioned it so someone using it might want to try a test spot first and avoid kicking themselves like I did, and still do, every time I look at it.  Grrrr! :smileyfrustrated: