Honored Contributor

Re: CUISINART or BREVILLE SMART GRILL...What Food Do You Grill/Cook most often?

We just returned the George Foreman TSV, but we still wanted a countertop grill for sandwiches, etc.

It's not important enough to us, though, to spend huge bucks, so that ruled out the Breville Smart Grill. We went with the Cuisinart GR-N and and love it. It's much better designed than the GF and does an excellent job with easy clean-up.

We bought it for $57, free 2-day shipping, at Jet.com, but since my husband had a courtesy store credit of $100, we didn't pay a thing. :-) Still, I don't think you can get a better price on this grill anywhere.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

As a brand, between those two, I would go for Cuisinart every time.

Frequent Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Hey CB, I value your opinion.  Why would you choose Cuisinart over Breville?

Thanks.  

Frequent Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

We just returned the George Foreman TSV, but we still wanted a countertop grill for sandwiches, etc.

It's not important enough to us, though, to spend huge bucks, so that ruled out the Breville Smart Grill. We went with the Cuisinart GR-N and and love it. It's much better designed than the GF and does an excellent job with easy clean-up.

We bought it for $57, free 2-day shipping, at Jet.com, but since my husband had a courtesy store credit of $100, we didn't pay a thing. :-) Still, I don't think you can get a better price on this grill anywhere.

SuzyQ3,  what have you cooked/grilled?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

I have had the Cuisnart grill for several years.  Picked it up at Costco for $35!  It is easy to get out and put away.  I make sandwiches on it, occasionally grill steaks, lamb chops, shrimp.  I have used more than I ever thought I would.  

Honored Contributor

@His Grace wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Thanks

@His Grace, we've had it only for a few days. We have cooked panini sandwiches and also hamburgers. We were very impressed at how juicy the hamburgers were, considering that I buy 93% lean ground beef.

We will be using it to grill boneless chicken breast for sandwiches, salads, etc. We might try it for other uses as well, but our use will proably be fairly limited, which is why we did not want to spend big bucks on it.

For us, it will not replace stovetop or barbecue grill, in general. But it is very handy for quick meals, and we're very impressed with this appliance.

HTH.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

His Grace wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks.  

Hi Dear!  Smiley Happy   Well, for me, it's a matter of my perception of brand integrity.  I've had so many products, over the decades, made by Cuisinart, from appliances to utensils and pots/pans, and never had one that was not superior quality.

When I looked at the Breville brand the most was when I was deciding on a countertop convection oven.   That brand was just not as well made as I would have liked.  It seemed of such lighter construction and my research found a lot of complaints about it generating way too much heat.  

That also supported my opinion that the products were not as sturdily built  as what I wanted for my kitchen.  In that particular case, I ended up with a Calphalon brand product.  It was much sturdier, well made, and has been perfect for me.  Furthermore, I had a spot picked out for it that was under some cabinets and I didn't want something that would send out too much heat, heating up those cabinets from the bottom.   The one I chose hasn't  done that at all, and has not disappointed me in any way.

I might just be more picky than most.  I do a lot of work and will choose products with better quality first, then other things like price and such come after that.  I was just turned off by the Breville brand when I was doing that  research.

Hope that answers the question (sorry so verbose!).  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@His Grace wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks.  

Hi Dear!  Smiley Happy   Well, for me, it's a matter of my perception of brand integrity.  I've had so many products, over the decades, made by Cuisinart, from appliances to utensils and pots/pans, and never had one that was not superior quality.

When I looked at the Breville brand the most was when I was deciding on a countertop convection oven.   That brand was just not as well made as I would have liked.  It seemed of such lighter construction and my research found a lot of complaints about it generating way too much heat.  

That also supported my opinion that the products were not as sturdily built  as what I wanted for my kitchen.  In that particular case, I ended up with a Calphalon brand product.  It was much sturdier, well made, and has been perfect for me.  Furthermore, I had a spot picked out for it that was under some cabinets and I didn't want something that would send out too much heat, heating up those cabinets from the bottom.   The one I chose hasn't  done that at all, and has not disappointed me in any way.

I might just be more picky than most.  I do a lot of work and will choose products with better quality first, then other things like price and such come after that.  I was just turned off by the Breville brand when I was doing that  research.

Hope that answers the question (sorry so verbose!).  Smiley Happy

CB, Thanks for the "Hi Dear".  My mom passed in February and she always called me "Dear"🌹  You gave me some cherished memories today💜💜💜

I appreciate your verbosity 😍.  I, too, try to do my homework when purchasing products.  I also look for superior quality.  

Im going to take a deeper look at Cuisinart grills before purchasing!  Thanks again.  I sincerely appreciate your input.

Have a blessed weekend🤗

Frequent Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@His Grace wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Thanks

@His Grace, we've had it only for a few days. We have cooked panini sandwiches and also hamburgers. We were very impressed at how juicy the hamburgers were, considering that I buy 93% lean ground beef.

We will be using it to grill boneless chicken breast for sandwiches, salads, etc. We might try it for other uses as well, but our use will proably be fairly limited, which is why we did not want to spend big bucks on it.

For us, it will not replace stovetop or barbecue grill, in general. But it is very handy for quick meals, and we're very impressed with this appliance.

HTH.

SusyQ3,  Have you noticed the grill plate cooling in temperature when you put the meat on it?  If so, did it take long to get back to temp?  This was a comment I'd read in a review.  Thanks😍

Frequent Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I have had the Cuisnart grill for several years.  Picked it up at Costco for $35!  It is easy to get out and put away.  I make sandwiches on it, occasionally grill steaks, lamb chops, shrimp.  I have used more than I ever thought I would.  

DiAnne,  Now that is $$$$$ well spent.  Thanks for sharing!