Respected Contributor

Oh my what a delicious cake, oh was I supposed to wait for Easter?

Didn't make it.

Cake is not a bakery item but found in the refrigeration section, a half egg, maybe more like an egg with a slice gone so it sits flat on the cardboard.

Made by JR's Cheesecake and no it's not a cheesecake.

A moist chocolate cake, covered with dark chocolate, decorated with colored chocolate curls.  Sliced sideways (long way) with one layer of cake, chocolate mousse, another layer of cake, a white mousse and then cake again.  

I'm doing this all from memory since it's GONE, this was one of those desserts that just evaporates, you don't know what happened to it all, it was so so so good.

Beautiful delicious cake for $14.99   worth every penny and then some.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Didn't make it.

Cake is not a bakery item but found in the refrigeration section, a half egg, maybe more like an egg with a slice gone so it sits flat on the cardboard.

A moist chocolate cake, covered with dark chocolate, decorated with colored chocolate curls.  Sliced sideways (long way) with one layer of cake, chocolate mousse, another layer of cake, a white mousse and then cake again.  

I'm doing this all from memory since it's GONE, this was one of those desserts that just evaporates, you don't know what happened to it all, it was so so so good.

You'll have to go purchase the other half!!!

Contributor

Ha, I just picked up two this morning.  The last two in the case so I lucked out. I wait for these delicious cakes every year. I'll put then in the freezer until Easter morning for dinner later that day. My family loves them!

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling  OH, NO! I was going to make my own chocolate cake, but now I'm so tempted to get this one. Growing up, there was always an egg cake on the table for Easter. Freezer section you say.....hmmm.

Trusted Contributor

I know you said it's not the Costco Bakery cake... but just wanted to say... I love costco cake.  white with the cream cheese filling.  That's what we just had over the weekend at Palm Sunday dinner.  

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Didn't make it.

@Just Bling 

What?   They put eggs on top of it?   Hmm.   Never heard of that.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling , Oh my that sounds wonderful !  I so wish we had a Costco, I would buy that in a minute. 😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: COSTCO's Half Egg Cake

[ Edited ]

oh my, my description wasn't complete.

It looks like a half of an egg, the shape of the cake.

nothing to do with an actual egg.

Measures about 12 inches long x about 6" high at the highest point.

Not in the Freezer section, mine was on the end cap across from their deli favorites like the mac and cheese and street taco's.  Refrigerator section.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: COSTCO's Half Egg Cake

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling  Is this it?

costco egg shaped cake easter

Esteemed Contributor

See the source image