Valued Contributor

CORPORATE APPROVAL ON EASY PAY

Seriously QVC?  At midnight I ordered K48780 (L&L 9X9 glass pans) and they were offered on 2 easy pays.  A short time ago I was online and now they are offered on 3 easy pays.  I called CS to have my easy pay changed to 3 instead of 2.  The CS rep she would have to put in a request to CORPORATE and I should call back in 3-5 days to see if they approved it.  I've ordefred from QVC for over 30 years and have returned only 1 damaged item in all that time.  What is going on at QVC that a simple request of a few dollars has to be corporate approved.  Ridiculous!  I emailed QVC and I'll wait to hear from them.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CORPORATE APPROVAL ON EASY PAY

@WORKING GAL - The issue here is neither the money nor your customer status—it is simply the fact that the QVC systems no longer allow changes to most orders once they are placed. I'm guessing the escalation to corporate is to see if someone in the supply chain has the ability to adjust the order, but in many cases, the answer to that question is going to be "no" based on the system structure. I wish you good luck, though!

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc - I'm sure you are probably correct. I think QVC's "system" needs to goback to being more flexible to accomodate their customer's request.  QVC's attitude toward their customers certainly has changed over the years and NOT for the better.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I doubt that for something so inexpensive, I'd have worried about whether I got 2 or 3 easy pays.  (It's a difference of less than $4 a month?)  I wonder why they changed it though.

But perhaps you could've canceled your original order and reordered, if it was important to you.  Worth a try, rather than waiting to see if it gets amended.

I try to never use easy pay, although I've been caught out recently by the new system automatically defaulting to it.  My DH hates it; he prefers to just pay things in one instalment.

Esteemed Contributor

@WORKING GAL 

I doubt the CS rep you spoke with had access to the financial portion of your account, or the authority to make changes in the monthly amounts you would be legally responsible for.

That information is protected. Your status as a customer wouldn't have anything to do with her ability to implement your request.

My neighbor does CS for Amazon, and tells me she doesn't see any of the customer's sensitive info on her screen, (where anyone looking over her shoulder could record it).

Honored Contributor

E-Z pays are offered at different times.  Why should you be given special conditions.  What if EZ pay was not offered this week on an item but then next week it was offered.  Should you (and every one who purchased the item) be given the privilege of using the EZ pay???  If you've been shopping for years 30 years you should know how it works.  I can't believe you're making a stink over an EZ pay.