Trusted Contributor

COOKS ESSENTIAL LIGHTWEIGHT CAST IRON 2 IN 1 PROBLEM?

[ Edited ]

Just received my order;

copper-  the outside color is more of a burnt umber- dark pumpkin

I was expecting copper.

my pot on the inside bottom has design, it's like a hurricane with sprials and an inner cirlce. Is this the design of CE's lightweights?

The grill has a knot and a linear mark in the groove, I know thats not right.

also the pot spins on my glass top. I had another brand whose pan did that and it was really unsafe.

Thx

COOKS LIGHT CAST SPIRAL.JPGCOOKS GRILL.JPG

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Esteemed Contributor

Re: COOKS ESSENTIAL LIGHTWEIGHT CAST IRON 2 IN 1 PROBLEM?

I say it's Defective.  Return on Q's dime - get your money back and make a different select - I would do.  Good Luck

Honored Contributor

I also received my pan, not your color, so I can't speak to that, however the bottom inside of my pan is smooth, and the top has no knots. It sounds defective.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Return to sender.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarkeieMark@QVCkitty1@fthunt

Thanks everyone., was hoping the circles were purposeful like CirculonCat Frustrated

It's weird both pieces are defective. Does this happen often with CE Light cast iron? I was thinking of getting a more pieces, now I don't know.Cat Indifferent

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

@MarkeieMark@QVCkitty1@fthunt

Thanks everyone., was hoping the circles were purposeful like CirculonCat Frustrated

It's weird both pieces are defective. Does this happen often with CE Light cast iron? I was thinking of getting a more pieces, now I don't know.Cat Indifferent

@skittles2 That's not to say they won't come out next year with a circles edition lol

I think you just got a bad batch, including the spinning on the stove. 

Occasional Contributor

I returned mine on the same day it came for the same reasons. Also was chipped on the rim into the outside enamel. I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't "feel" right to me. Now, I'll wait for the return. I sent it back as defective. Gorgeous Aqua color, though.