Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

CHef Ming Tssi on HSN selling Joy Blue Diamond cookware.

[ Edited ]

Chef Ming Tsai is now pitching Joy Blue Diamond cookware.  What happened to his own line of cookware?  Is it not a good as Joy’s cookware?

Respected Contributor

Re: CHef Ming Tssi on HSN selling Joy Blue Diamond cookware.

@EatWell I wonder if Chef Ming and Joy collaborated on this project because he knows how to demonstrate the cookware in the kitchen? I have never seen Joy present any cooking items...Chef Ming does have some very good products...I brought his deep fryer several years ago and it is amazing...the food is not full of grease after using!

Trusted Contributor

Ming was always partnered with Joy.  He would say it during the presentations all the time.

Remember when Keith Urban would sell guitars on HSN?  He too was under the Joy brand.

As was Chef Lorena Garcia.

They are/were all a part of Ingenious Designs.

Here's an old snipet from a press release dating back to 2013 when Ming came to HSN:

NEW YORKSept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrity chef and restaurateur Ming Tsai will debut his collection of "Simply Ming" cutting edge kitchen tools and accessories on HSN, HSN.com and HSN mobile live on Friday, September 20, 2013 at 12 A.M. EDT. The high-quality line combines functional innovation with Ming Tsai's extensive culinary background to create uniquely engineered products that are perfect for the demands of today's home cooks. 

"We are thrilled to be partnering with Ming Tsai on the Efficient by Design Collection," said Joy Mangano, President of Ingenious Designs LLC, a subsidiary of HSN.  "Ming's outstanding expertise in the culinary industry has provided great insight for this collection with innovative products that truly serve to make life in the kitchen simply efficient."

Honored Contributor

I bought a Chef Ming skillet and was very please at first, nothing stuck, easy clean.  However, with repeated use (under a year old) food started sticking, the thermometer stopped working and cleaning is not as easy.

I do really like the depth of the skillet though and still use it a lot.

Sorry but I will not buy what he endorses now.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

When Ming first came out with his pressure cooker (about 4-5 years ago??), I ordered one for a friend as a housewarming gift.  She is using it at least 1 time a day and loves it.   I had ordered his air fryer for myself and decided I don't like this way of cooking so I gave it to another friend who doesn't cook.  But she uses this every day and just loves it.

Don't know how good an idea it is for him to team up with this woman.  

Honored Contributor

well----sorry--but I cannot stand JM!!! She drives up a freaking tree! And now she prob will be back on the Q now that hsn/qvc are buddies---I remember how she and Todd English were a thing on HSN and she was always in the way  stuttering and hemming and haaing and oh my goodness-ing while he was trying to cook!!!! yuck!!!!!

Respected Contributor

These products would be much less expensive if they would leave the endorsers out. 

Trusted Contributor

wonder if he'll leave now that joy left? most is on clearance

Respected Contributor

Oh Joy, adios Joy!

Regular Contributor

I imagine Chef Ming only came for the clearance of the last pots that JM had introduced. 

He is such a great chef and very nice, smart man.

Joy had had an incredible success with the hangers and milked them for as long as possible. I loved those hangers and bought lots of them. BUT I think the majority of Joys products bombed. HSN was able to sell their inventory but very few were ever reordered and the reviews were not good. The products were never tested, they apparently just went straight into production and there have been so many issues with the majority of her items.  

There were so many returns on the handbags that it is incredible that she was allowed to keep bringing new styles. She had more than her share of flops.