Honored Contributor

Re: CHICKEN FISH CHICKEN FISH CHICKEN.......

@x Hedge wrote:

Hi @Shanus. I applaud your decision to improve your eating choices. Are you cooking for two or several people?

Years ago I created a diet for myself with rotating proteins. I was never bored with food, or felt I was eating the same thing all the time. I was seldom really hungry. More likely I'd be annoyed that I'd have to interrupt what I was doing and go eat again,

I ate 6 times a day, but my total caloric intake alternated daily between 885 and 1200. About one third of my protein was from egg white, a third from isolated soy protein which I would flavor differently each day and make into a filling shake around 5pm, and the last third was from animal/fish. Since these also carry both saturated fats and cholesterol, that was factored in to my selections.

Animal/fish proteins included turkey, tuna, cod, chicken, salmon, and least frequently was red meat. 2 of the 6 daily meals was from animal/fish.

They rotated in a way that prevented boredom. There was no "Every Tuesday is chicken" predictability. 

@x Hedge  Cooking for 2 and since DH working and in control of his own lunches, I'm only dealing w/ healthy dinner choices. I do eat small meals all day, but consume about 1800 calories. I don't need to lose weight and exercise every day, so on days that I run and/or take longer walks w/ dogs, I add 200 calories. I've never watched calories, but portion control and limit simple carbs. Thanks for reply.