Not applicable

CE pressure cooker won't turn on

My cooks essential electric pressure cooker(model K41143) is only a few months old. In the middle of cooking tonight it just shut off and won't turn back on. Tried unplugging and plugging back in, tried resetting my outlets ...no go. Not sure what else, if anything, to do!!
Valued Contributor

Re: CE pressure cooker won't turn on

Is there a fuse inside? Maybe it blew..

Respected Contributor

See if there is a fuse or try to use it again since it may have over heated and shut off out of safety.

Esteemed Contributor

A couple years ago I had 2 of them - one the clock/timer wouldn't set and the other wouldn't count backward after time was set. I'm so done with Cooks Essential anything. I even called the manufacturer and they couldn't help and really didn't care.

Get your money back if you can!

Honored Contributor

if you have to replace it I was given these sites to buy from and was a God send. When Cooks Essentials first came out they had real good heavy pressure cookers then they started getting lighter wgt. and scooting around on my quartz counter. I used the 4 qt oval for 2 yrs. on a pretty good basis then it pooped out. It was light wgt, but , lasted that long. Then, I saw these links.

overstock.com

nomorerack.com

Respected Contributor

Had one years ago and it quit heating. Called customer service and they could care less. Tried going thru the Q and they didn't want anything to do with it. When I replaced it I purchased a NESCO thru Walmart.com. Had a problem after 9 months or so and they were great. They paid postage for me to return. They were able to fix it with some electronic part and shipped it back. Since then, it has worked non stop. COSTCO also carries a Cuisinart at a very good price. I would never buy a pressure from the Q

Super Contributor

Luv2run, is the pressure cooker plugged directly into an outlet, or do you either use an extension cord or have a multi-plug outlet added to your outlet that the pressure cooker is plugged into? I ask, because I discovered a weird issue with my multi-plug outlets. If I use the bottom set of outlets on them, I have problems with all my cooking gadgets (pressure cooker, rice cooker, etc.). Using the top set of outlets is no problem. I am shrugging my shoulders as I type this, because IDK why this is a problem. It may not be relevant for you, but I thought I would mention it.
Regular Contributor

It may have over heated so to much steam built up, or the valve inside may be plugged.

Carefully try the quick release then open it.

Hope it helps.

Super Contributor

If you replace it, consider getting one that does not have the chemical coating inside. Just imagine, that stuff is getting forced right into your food. If I had to do it all over again, I'd either stick with my Magefesa stovetop (which I still have and use) or get the electric Instapot. No chemicals. - Bird

Honored Contributor

I too, had a CE that just died while it was supposed to be cooking my dinner. I called QVC about the warranty and they said that they would send me a label to ship it back for replacement. When I contacted them again because I never received a label, I was informed that there was no warranty and there was nothing they could do for me. I no longer buy CE brands and my new pressure cooker is NOT electric.