Honored Contributor

Re: CAN YOU RECOMMEND A GOOD IMMERSION BLENDER?

I have an inexpensive Cuisinart ($25 or so) from Sur La Table when they were on sale and it is way better than an older one I had that tended to throw liquids up at you. It has the metal stick and is HOT pink!

Trusted Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Debbie555 said: I have the cuisinart smart stick and I LOVE it! Have had it for years and still going strong. It wasn't very expensive either I don't think. I use mine mostly for ice cream shakes, fruit smoothies and also I always buy whole tomatoes in the can and use it to crush or purée them. I've also used it when making creamed soups, sauces and gravies. It's one of my favorite kitchen gadgets!

Same for me. I've had mine for years and I use it all the time.

Honored Contributor

I found the battery operated ones never worked well for me. I also have a Cuisinart Smart Stick that I purchased at Costco many years ago. Love it.

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2015 DiAnne said:

I found the battery operated ones never worked well for me. I also have a Cuisinart Smart Stick that I purchased at Costco many years ago. Love it.

Indeed.. even most of the weaker AC powered units are better than any Battery powered (apart from those using Lithium Ion) immersion blender so whatever AC machine you get you will notice a huge improvement.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Sooner said:

I have an inexpensive Cuisinart ($25 or so) from Sur La Table when they were on sale and it is way better than an older one I had that tended to throw liquids up at you. It has the metal stick and is HOT pink!

LOL! .... Blend baby, blend ..... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 1/13/2015 Sooner said:

LOL! .... Blend baby, blend ..... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Cuisinart Smart Stick. My daughter bought me one from Bed Bath and Beyond. very nice and reliable.

Valued Contributor

Another echo for Cuisinart Smart Stick. If there is Bed Bath and Beyond near you, use a coupon and save $. Worth the investment. The only other one that is highly recommended by America's Test Kitchen is the KitchenAid immersion stick, but that's pricier and tougher to get.
Honored Contributor

Do you want another battery operated one? I wasn't sure from reading your post. I have Bamix which I really like. But they don't make battery operated ones.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 jaxs mom said:

Do you want another battery operated one? I wasn't sure from reading your post. I have Bamix which I really like. But they don't make battery operated ones.

No, but the battery operated one that recently died demonstrated just how handy they are ..... I want to get a good electric one. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}