Honored Contributor

Re: C'mon. 'Fess up. What cooking related item have you bought that you REALLY don't need?

I ordered the Rocket Grill (and actually liked it) from QVC who said they'd always carry the disposable bags that go with it. Nope... sold me the grill and stopped offering the bags about a month later. Found them on Amazon for awhile. So I have the Grill, like it and can't find the bags. Another flash in the pan item.

Bought a red pressure cooker as the TSV. Use it, can't stand the "stewed" tasting stuff that's produced by it.

Electric griddle. Never use it.

Popcorn machine. Rarely use it and I love Popcorn.

I really am a sucker for kitchen stuff....

OH... and two George Forman Grills, one that looks like a Space Saucer and the other has removable grills....

I'm sure QVC sees me coming...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: C'mon. 'Fess up. What cooking related item have you bought that you REALLY don't need?

I don't really like to cook so I don't really invest in unnecessary kitchen gadgets.

I'm another one who does not have a GF Grill! No grill of any kind, actually. lol...

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 vabreeze said:
On 3/3/2015 house_cat said:
On 3/3/2015 SunValley said:
On 3/3/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I must be the ONLY person in the U.S. that doesn't own a George Foreman grill! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

There are two of us!

THREE! I don't have one, either.

I tuned into HSN this morning and saw them selling some kind of "rapid cooking pan". I didn't get a good look at it, but I thought it might wind up on a thread like this some day.

I, too, saw that demonstration early this a.m. and was wishing host Shannon would just shut her trap/stop hawking the product and let the vendor do her thing. I think I would have ordered that skillet had the vendor stated the capacity it could hold, say for making soup. I thought it was perfect for warming tortillas and perhaps as an oven for baking a cake (the pineapple upside down cake looked scrumptious)-- I was thinking of HHH summer days in my area. Let me end here because I am talking myself into revisiting that rapid skillet (but didn't like that some of veggies being steamed could possibly fall between the rack and into the water).

Oh, yeah, the dumbest thing I bought was a pot stirrer. This thing was placed over the top of the pot and was supposed to stir the ingredients in the pot. Don't recall if it was battery-operated or wind-up-- I never used it.

I was so tempted by that HSN item today especially because it was offered in white. Got a reality check on myself and realized it would be too large as I only cook for one. Seemed like a nice and convenient item to use. (still loving the little rice cooker from WP--have brown rice cooking in it now)

Trusted Contributor

I ordered (should arrive tomorrow lol) a grill pan for making stuffed jalapeños where the peppers stand up in the pan. Do I need it? Nope. Still shaking my head at myself!
Valued Contributor

I have several items that I thought I had to have and maybe used once and some more but not enough. Some I moved out and some still around.

I have a three crock pot soup warmer and used it one Christmas and that is it. Just had to have it. We don't entertain much either.

The on item I have and use the most is my steamer.

Esteemed Contributor

=08On 3/3/2015 denisemb said:

Can you imagine how much we'd make in a garage sale if we could pool all our ""stuff"" and sell it to some equally good intentioned poor souls???

I'm in

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Jeannie29 said: I ordered (should arrive tomorrow lol) a grill pan for making stuffed jalapeños where the peppers stand up in the pan. Do I need it? Nope. Still shaking my head at myself!

Wow, you just reminded me of a stuffed bell pepper pan by Norpro that DH talked me into buying. (He's a real fan of stuffed peppers.) First time I went to use it, my peppers were too big to fit, so I STILL ended up using a Corningware dish. Pepper pan is still unused. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Betteb, too bad we can't do an online garage sale. Smiley Wink

Denise
Respected Contributor

mmmm...ALL of them?!....

Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 hopi said:

This thread not only makes me laugh

it makes me feel more normal.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

.....eta

where do you find those electronic soap dispensers{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

This is the one I bought this week. It works really well, but I'm not sure how long the batteries will last. It uses FOUR batteries at a time {#emotions_dlg.scared}

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

On 3/3/2015 betteb said:

=08On 3/3/2015 denisemb said:

Can you imagine how much we'd make in a garage sale if we could pool all our "stuff" and sell it to some equally good intentioned poor souls??? {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I'm in {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

When I think of all the things I donated over the years, I could cry. What a terrible waste of money.

~ house cat ~