Respected Contributor

Re: C E Perfect Cooker on clearance

I own one and have bought three of this Perfect Cooker from QVC at the regular price and one at the sale price. Everyone I gave this to loves it. I have to make rice quite often for my dog due to her pancreas problem and it always comes out perfect. If I use 1 cup of rice (I always rinse mine first) I use 1 1/2 cup of water and I like it better than the 1 to 1 cup it states. I have made the cheesecake and it is awesome. Just remember this is a slower cooker than what some of the recipes state. I think QVC corrected the recipes above the description of it. I have made the fettuccini alfredo in it, warmed up meatballs and I love the omelets in it. I make my omelet, sit down, drink my coffe, and read the paper and when I am done the omelet is done. If you have the time to play with it you will learn to love it. If not pass it on to an older single person that lives alone and it would make a two serving meal for them. I have the blue one, I bought my hairdresser the red one, my daughter the purple one, and my sister a blue one. The colors are all pretty. My hairdresser is divorced and no children at home so in between clients she can throw in a meal for herself. She recently bought a home that she put her business in so it is real handy for her.

You also can get more recipes on the Perfect Cooker online that originally came out before QVC's. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good heavens, what are you putting in your oatmeal? Baking powder?  I cook 1 cup of oatmeal in a Sistema cup which is about 15 Oz.  I cook it with almond milk.   Never comes close to boiling over. 

@Kachina624  A couple of years ago I made my oatmeal   1/4 cup oatmeal, pinch of salt, 1/2 cup almond milk   in one of these large Sistema cups.  Worked great for 1 week or so.  Then one morning there was this horrible noise coming from my microwave and when I opened the door, the oatmeal had exploded onto the ceiling and all around.

I still make my oatmeal in the microwave, but don't use these narrow mugs anymore.  Just use a wider ceramic soup bowl.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Good heavens, what are you putting in your oatmeal? Baking powder?  I cook 1 cup of oatmeal in a Sistema cup which is about 15 Oz.  I cook it with almond milk.   Never comes close to boiling over. 

@Kachina624  A couple of years ago I made my oatmeal   1/4 cup oatmeal, pinch of salt, 1/2 cup almond milk   in one of these large Sistema cups.  Worked great for 1 week or so.  Then one morning there was this horrible noise coming from my microwave and when I opened the door, the oatmeal had exploded onto the ceiling and all around.

I still make my oatmeal in the microwave, but don't use these narrow mugs anymore.  Just use a wider ceramic soup bowl.

I don't want to make instant oatmeal and I don't want to have to watch it.

Hoping if I load the Perfect Cooker properly, it will do it's job while I'm busy getting ready for work in the a.m.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I own one and have bought three of this Perfect Cooker from QVC at the regular price and one at the sale price. Everyone I gave this to loves it. I have to make rice quite often for my dog due to her pancreas problem and it always comes out perfect. If I use 1 cup of rice (I always rinse mine first) I use 1 1/2 cup of water and I like it better than the 1 to 1 cup it states. I have made the cheesecake and it is awesome. Just remember this is a slower cooker than what some of the recipes state. I think QVC corrected the recipes above the description of it. I have made the fettuccini alfredo in it, warmed up meatballs and I love the omelets in it. I make my omelet, sit down, drink my coffe, and read the paper and when I am done the omelet is done. If you have the time to play with it you will learn to love it. If not pass it on to an older single person that lives alone and it would make a two serving meal for them. I have the blue one, I bought my hairdresser the red one, my daughter the purple one, and my sister a blue one. The colors are all pretty. My hairdresser is divorced and no children at home so in between clients she can throw in a meal for herself. She recently bought a home that she put her business in so it is real handy for her.

You also can get more recipes on the Perfect Cooker online that originally came out before QVC's. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your great review.   Since I am an "older single person", I think you've convinced me!   I had a rice cooker once, it was a gift and I never got the hang of it.   Either too much or not enough water and I felt like I had to watch it so it wouldn't burn or boil over.   What's the point of that?   I can do it on the stovetop to play that game.

Respected Contributor

@software  This has a rice button on it. Set it and forget it. The most it would do is get a touch of light brown on the bottom and that was delicious too. I understand this is not for everyone but if you are patient and start it before it is needed it is great. I also make frozen potstickers in this with just a little water to steam them. I put them on about 20 minutes and check them at around 15.

I have made a small bread in it also. Delicious! Just take a 11 oz. Pillsbury French bread dough and spray the inside of the pan with Pam. Work the dough into a ball and put in the Cooker. I set it for 40 minutes and then added 10 more minutes. I then reset for 20 minutes and checked in 15 to be sure. When done- Let it rest for 10 minutes in the Cooker. Unplug it when you let it rest. Take out and enjoy. Regular bread dough would be.  Awesome in here. 

I make my Lipton Chicken Soup with extra noodles in the Cooker. Put a packet of soup mix in and add hot tap water. Cook for 30 minutes and then I let mine sit for 20 minutes for the noodles to get bigger.

I have made the Raspberry Bread Pudding and it was yummy. I did mine for 40 minutes and then flipped it over for another 20 minutes.

**A hint on the cheesecake is to line the bottom with a piece of aluminum foil so it comes out easier. The recipe was wrong as it needs to cook 50-60 minutes and Not 30 minutes as the book stated.

If you want to know anything on the Alfredo Fetticini I will post hints for you. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like mine.  However, I seem to use my rice cooker from Wolfgang more often.  I'm sure I'll be using the CE cooker more in fall and winter.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

@software  This has a rice button on it. Set it and forget it. The most it would do is get a touch of light brown on the bottom and that was delicious too. I understand this is not for everyone but if you are patient and start it before it is needed it is great. I also make frozen potstickers in this with just a little water to steam them. I put them on about 20 minutes and check them at around 15.

I have made a small bread in it also. Delicious! Just take a 11 oz. Pillsbury French bread dough and spray the inside of the pan with Pam. Work the dough into a ball and put in the Cooker. I set it for 40 minutes and then added 10 more minutes. I then reset for 20 minutes and checked in 15 to be sure. When done- Let it rest for 10 minutes in the Cooker. Unplug it when you let it rest. Take out and enjoy. Regular bread dough would be.  Awesome in here. 

I make my Lipton Chicken Soup with extra noodles in the Cooker. Put a packet of soup mix in and add hot tap water. Cook for 30 minutes and then I let mine sit for 20 minutes for the noodles to get bigger.

I have made the Raspberry Bread Pudding and it was yummy. I did mine for 40 minutes and then flipped it over for another 20 minutes.

**A hint on the cheesecake is to line the bottom with a piece of aluminum foil so it comes out easier. The recipe was wrong as it needs to cook 50-60 minutes and Not 30 minutes as the book stated.

If you want to know anything on the Alfredo Fetticini I will post hints for you. Smiley Happy

I think I've just decided to come eat at your house instead!

I love those Lipton Chicken soup packages with the extra noodles.

I think I'll give it a shot, I'll start with rice & oatmeal and Cream of Wheat.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought mine when it was a tsv and love it! I have no problem cooking rice on the stove (one of the few cooking skills I've mastered!).  But with this cooker, I don't have to watch the time, it just switches to keep warm - something I find most convenient.  I cook rice often and also use it for cooking those Knorr Sides.  Must admit haven't really used it for anything else, but am thinking about making a nice cheesecake.  Never realized you could cook eggs in it!

Esteemed Contributor

@MKR14, did you find the recipes for all these goodies you've mentioned on this site?

I've got to start branching out from just rice!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@MKR14, did you find the recipes for all these goodies you've mentioned on this site?

I've got to start branching out from just rice!Woman LOL

If you go to the online screen, there's a link to recipes.

Recipes