Honored Contributor

I don't drink a lot but I do enjoy a glass of wine on occasion. My favorite isn't carried in stores around here. 

Have you ever ordered wine online? Do you know anything about Wine Chateau? Or other sites that will ship wine to you? Are they legitimate?

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I order from Coppola wines. They only sale their brand. If you sign up for emails they send great percent off and one cent shipping deals. I love the wines from this line. I never ordered from any other site. 🍷🍷🍷🍷

Honored Contributor

I've been tempted.  TCM has a "wine club" which looks interesting but I decided I'll stick with my Trader Joe's 3 liter boxes of pinot noir and sauvignon blanc--LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

We order from WTSO online (wine til sold out).   It is a legitimate site and we've been ordering for years.    They have a speciifc wine on sale daily and offer free shipping.

We've never had any issues with them and have found some really good wines.  We don't order all the time as we have substantial access to wine stores locally, but at times have gotten some great deals.

Esteemed Contributor

Sign up for a legitimate winery's club ( I have family members who are signed up for several winery clubs in Santa Barbara; these clubs will ship monthly or quarterly to states that allow this) and you will always get wines you love at the best available price. Two winery that we were enrolled in for a while were Rancho Sisquoc and Fess Parker( there are many more).  Another thing I did one year was to go to Santa Maria Costco ( its in wine country but maybe they all do this) and consult with their Somolier to assemble a case of wine within perimeters I provided. I gifted this to our wine loving DIL in N.M ( we hand delivered it).

Honored Contributor

I have never ordered wine on line.  Our grocery store has 10% off for 6 bottles, mix size, brand, type.

I prefer Berringer White Zin and it's sold out in stores when we go on vacation, so I take it if I want it.

Biltmore House wine is very good.

You might want to look on amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Buying wine online

[ Edited ]

@ECBG I second Biltmore House wine--although we aren't wine drinkers much.  When we were there one time we bought some and it was very good (and we have Biltmore glasses still I think!) and they had a moderately priced champagne style that I thought was really good.

Edit:  Also Wall Street Journal I think has a wine club or site and I have no experience with it but I'd think it would be legit.  

Honored Contributor

although we have a lot of liquor stores in the area, i do purchase wines online sometimes. we usually deal directly with the winery online and purchase that way. we have found some great wines and ciders that way..... ones that we could not purchase at liquor stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein