Frequent Contributor

Re: Buying David's New Book?

I would buy it because I need new ideas however, I get the feeling that all of the recipes are high fat, calories, sodium etc. Store bought items? Plus, a lot of the recipes require QVC "appliances" and food.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered it in spite of the lack of nutritional information.  I understand why it isn’t there. Like others here, I know what’s good for me and what isn’t. Like someone said above, I need new ideas. I have an account at Pinterest, but I think it was sometime last year that I went there. 

I’m looking forward to the book, the recipes, and pictures. I’m sure there are some recipes in there that I will make several times and others that I will never make. All of my cookbooks (and I really need to sort through and get rid of some of them) are like that. 

This is the first of David’s books that I have ordered.

Keepin' it real.
Contributor

I'm already tired of listening to the sale of David's cookbook enough is enough
Esteemed Contributor

@LucieLu wrote:
I'm already tired of listening to the sale of David's cookbook enough is enough

@LucieLu  and I was just thinking that I’m enjoying hearing about the different recipes with each presentation. LOL! 

I really hope it’s available before November. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not a David Venable fan, have his first 2 cookbooks and never used them, I think I too, will donate these 2 books.  Due to nutritional restrictions, I do not use prepackaged ingredients except unsalted canned tomatos and a few other unsalted canned goods not available fresh in winter. Most all broths on the shelf are high in sodium, even low-sodium products.  There are some I can use, though sodium is the culprit for me. Have "Joy of Cooking" and used it as a basic for decades.  I have lots of bread cookbooks; I am an avid bread baker and always experiment with different sourdoughs, grains, flours, and other healthy ingredients.  Majority of meals are scratch using lean meats, seafood, different fresh veges (raw and/or steamed), seasonings, spices, etc. allowed in my diet. I do have all of Meredith Laurence's Air Fryer cookbooks, some of her other cookbooks and many of her recipes are quite good, are adaptable/adjustable and many workable in my diet.

Honored Contributor

nope—- sounds like lots of processed garbage is thrown in there—— I don’t use of that stuff anymore.