Respected Contributor

Re: Buying David's New Book?

Just pre-ordered it.  I've been away on vacation so haven't been online too much or watching TV, so thank you for the "heads up" on this.  Maybe I had a Q e-mail that I missed while on "electronic break" because I do own his two previous books.

Honored Contributor

No not buying it--I don't use cookbooks much anymore--got rid of at leaast 100 a few years ago--like to use the web for my recipes.

Regular Contributor

I'm going to pass since I just donated 25 to Goodwill a few months ago.  Like the others, I look online for new recipies that interest me.  Good luck David, I'm sure you will sell hundreds of thousands. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought it!  I find that when looking for recipes online, have to jot them down so I remember what to do (not really a good cook).  

So, I prefer cookbooks and a shortcut cookbook is just up my ally!Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No more cookbooks for me.  No longer need them.

I have an Amazon Show in my kitchen.  And all recipies I’m interested in are read out from Alexa with step by step prep directions, and includes pictures.   Hands free.

Save all my recipes online.  So liberating.

I have donated to Goodwill Thrift Shop all of my 500 cookbooks,except one.  The only cookbook I now own is The Joy of Cooking.

Good luck.

Hung

Trusted Contributor

I do not buy cookbooks anymore.  There are so many recipes on line and I like reading the reviews before I try one out.  If it's really good then I print it out and keep it in an organized binder.  (Kinda like I'm assembling my own personal cookbook)   But i'm pleased his book is preselling quite well.  Writing any kind of book is a labor of love. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I love David and would love to support his book sales, I won't be purchasing. I no longer buy cookbooks. I would rather put my $$ somewhere else and I just don't have the room to store them. I donated all my cookbooks years ago and gained back that space. 

I've gone completely digital with cookbooks, books in general, magazines and music. No need for finding storage for them and I can access any recipe I want on the internet. It wasn't cost effective for me to  buy a cookbook and maybe find a handful of recipes that might interest me. I can go on the internet and almost instantly find exactly what I'm looking for. 

That said, I wish David the best of luck and I hope that his book is wildly successful. 

Respected Contributor

Nope, not buying this cookbook. It isn't my style of cooking. I don't used pre-packaged ingredients in the majority of my cooking or baking.

Respected Contributor

I am pleased for David that he sold so many today. I know he and his team spent a great deal of time putting it together. I doubt I will purchase because trying to keep my collection of all books to a minimum. Not as young as I once was and taking books and other things to donation places is getting harder for me. Anyway, did purchase Chef Tony's cookbook and have enjoyed looking through it even though I paid $5.50 shipping and it took forever to get here. I do not think people who are not using the QCard should be penalized and have to pay shipping go David's Cookbook.
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1

I just ordered Mary Beth Roe's 2 cookbooks. Have heard so many people say she has great recipes. Looking forward to it. Smiley Happy