Esteemed Contributor

I think I will.  Now, I don't ever use a cookbook and in fact, The Joy of Cooking is all I would ever want or need, but David amuses me and is somewhat of a cultural phenom, so I think I will.  I have the others.

David Venable, that is.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Re: Buying David's New Book?

I think it will be a good book, but I don't use cookbooks any more.  Just cook for one.  I still have a lot of old cookbooks if needed, plus I can look for some info online.  I'm sure David's book will be another huge success.

Honored Contributor

I bought his first two cookbooks but I won’t buy this one. I’m done buying cookbooks. I wish him great success with this one too.

Contributor

I have his other cook books! I like David. My sister likes him so I want to buy his book for her as a gift. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No interest in buying his book.  I love David but  I bought his first & I don't think I've even looked at it since the day it arrived.

The one cookbook I've made a lot of great recipes from was MaryBeth Roe cookbook from many many years ago.

Personally, I no longer buy cookbooks due to I have so many I can't even give them away.  Our library system won't even take them🙁 most will see the donation center.

Interestingly,  We have a library in our clubhouse -- I guess many are in the same situation and they put them in the "donation" box. In our newsletter they had a letter from the lady who manages it ::: please do not give the library cookbooks -- we don't want them.  We have donated the ones left to Goodwill.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to like buying cookbooks.....but I no longer do.....Only cooking for hubby now and he likes how I cook and isn't into trying new recipes....

Respected Contributor

I still enjoy cookbooks but I don't often eat "comfort" food or make desserts. It is not my life style.

Respected Contributor

I really don't have room for more books.  But the reason I won't buy this book is because I hardly ever use short cuts except canned tomatoes.  So this would be wasted on me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia I just bought it! David's a hoot! I love to read cookbooks, just for fun and to maybe learn something new. I have his other two and have made some of the recipes. Actually, I get most of my recipes online or just make them up, but there is something so comforting about paging through a cookbook on a rainy or snowy day.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not know that his new cookbook was now being offered.  I collect cookbooks, so I will probably order.  I read them as some people read novels.

For those who want to get rid of their cookbooks, there is not a great market for them.  However, The Kitchen Witch in New Orleans sometimes buys them but can also direct you to places where you could sell/donate.   

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!