Respected Contributor

Re: Butterball Frozen Ready to Roast Turkey

I think it's a cook in the bag type.

Respected Contributor

Is it high in sodium and cholesteral ?

Respected Contributor

Back in the 50s, the aluminum foil craze began. It's the same concept as this cooking bag.

My family always used foil--and I do too. After cleaning the bird off (and removing the enclosed bags of organs), I generously salt the bird, then wrap it in foil (leaving a small portion vented). I put it in the oven and let it cook for a few hours, opening up the foil near the end to allow for browning. The result is  a perfectly cooked turkey.

I'm sticking to foil.

Respected Contributor

47BB804E-9AEA-47BB-9E10-83A7EAD3B14B.png

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Back in the 50s, the aluminum foil craze began. It's the same concept as this cooking bag.

My family always used foil--and I do too. After cleaning the bird off (and removing the enclosed bags of organs), I generously salt the bird, then wrap it in foil (leaving a small portion vented). I put it in the oven and let it cook for a few hours, opening up the foil near the end to allow for browning. The result is  a perfectly cooked turkey.

I'm sticking to foil.

@insomniac2 . The whole point of this turkey is that you cook it from frozen. No organs, salting, etc. it is already in the bag and you put it in the oven. Frozen.

Respected Contributor

I ended up getting a whole frozen turkey  at .99 a pound today. I will try the one in the bag the next time. I just need to be sure I get what the family wants this time.

Respected Contributor

OK tomorrow is senior day at grocery store 10% off & a jenny O turkey roast will be in my cart. I want turkey now after reading all of this. I have cranberry sauce( love the jelly stuff grew up on it), have bread for stuffing so I am all set.