Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@camelot wrote:

Reever, from your posts, you seem to think everything is alike: all candles the same, all USDA beef the same. There are differences in quality. Sorry you haven't had the opportunity to experience this. 

Buying ready made beef patties, hamburgers, you need to add in labor costs. Life is not so black & white.

Unless it's food that has been imported from another country.  Then it's not good.

I buy food from other countries and have never had a problem. The U.S. is not be-all and end-all for good food items.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Thank you!!!   That worked.

Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut 

Ha.  Great response.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@camelot wrote:

Reever, from your posts, you seem to think everything is alike: all candles the same, all USDA beef the same. There are differences in quality. Sorry you haven't had the opportunity to experience this. 

Buying ready made beef patties, hamburgers, you need to add in labor costs. Life is not so black & white.

Unless it's food that has been imported from another country.  Then it's not good.

I buy food from other countries and have never had a problem. The U.S. is not be-all and end-all for good food items.

The OP seems to think it is a problem!

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

I do not order pre-made hamburger patties from any source, including QVC/HSN.  Expensive, of questionable quality, and sometimes unknown source of the beef.

Fast food burgers are usually full of sodium, with unhealthy oil, and made and include beef from unspeakable parts of cows.  It is no wonder pre-made hamburger patties are frequently on the food safety recall list for finds of unknown foreign matter , insect, and rodent feces.  And processed with poor safety handling or beef processing plants.

It only takes a few minutes to grind your beef, add ingredients of choice, form a nice hanburger pattie, and cook to ones preferred doneness.

Grind your own meat, and you will know what is exactly is in your hamburger.   Grass fed, organic beef, is what I grind to make hamburgers, and use in recipes that call for ground beef.  

That is just me.  JMO. YMMV.

Enjoy, whatever choice you make.  🙃. Your body, your choice.

@EatWell  Seriously, I commend you for grinding your own meat.  Wish I had the strength and energy to do that again.  Good for you!

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3, It is very easy with an electric meat grinder. I use an ancient Oster grinder and you can grind a lot of meat in a very short period of time. I know that it is going to give out on me and I will be lost without it. I like to make my own sausage also. Now they can really put some mystery body parts in that.  I have thought about grabbing one from ebay for back up. It is much easier than you think. The hard part is the packaging for the freezer. I use a FoodSaver for that but it is time consuming.

Respected Contributor

Re: Burgers overpriced

[ Edited ]

What anyone wants to pay is up to them but I would never ever pay the high costs of food on any shopping channel! Much of it seems way overpriced.  Never have and never will order food from  them.Robot wink

Esteemed Contributor

@davisesq212 wrote:

Burgers and Homeworx candles...interesting combo. 

I can visualize eating a hefty burger and having lit candles. Very romantic!!!!

Honored Contributor
There is a beef shortage. The stores here limit beef purchases at 2 per person. The higher price complained about may be due to the shortage or maybe the quality is premium like wagyu beef. Prices always seem to go up when there is a shortage.