Trusted Contributor

Re: Broccoli-lemony Soup (Vitamix

Sounds fabulous! Thanks for posting your recipe, leenie.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/30/2015 leenie26 said: SUCCESS!!! After reading several recipes I decided to experiment and made my own recipe. I used about 1/2 head of broccoli (including stems/stalks) for every 2 cups of water. I have used Penzey's vegetable broth and chicken broth on different occasions - a little less than 1 tsp. per cup of water. I have also used the sodium free HerbOx Chicken. Put all the ingredients in the Vitamix and used lemon zest - about a third of the lemon - and then let the Vitamix do its thing for about 4 minutes. The soup was hot and delicious. I continue to tweak my ingredients. This soup has been a hit in my home. Even added a bit of shredded cheddar when serving!

leenie26, as a brand new Vitamix owner, I'm always looking at recipes. I haven't made anything but smoothies and ice cream so far but would love to make your soup. please clarify the part I highlighted from your post. is the Penzy's vegetable broth or chicken broth you are using a dehydrated broth powder, or is it the liquid?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Contributor

Mochahoney - I have used the concentrated soup as well as the dry powders. The HerbOx No Sodium is in powder form. You can also use a prepared broth. Experiment .....you will be surprised at what the Vitamix can do. I have made a cheese sauce for macaroni. Enjoy!??
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/30/2015 leenie26 said: Mochahoney - I have used the concentrated soup as well as the dry powders. The HerbOx No Sodium is in powder form. You can also use a prepared broth. Experiment .....you will be surprised at what the Vitamix can do. I have made a cheese sauce for macaroni. Enjoy!??

thank you leenie26. I can't wait to try it.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich