Trusted Contributor

Re: Bring back the 2qt pressure cooker!

@CelticCrafter Oh no, is that the one my mom always told me as a kid to stay out of the kitchen when she was pressure cooking? She told me it could explode so stay away. Scared me so much it took me into my 40's before I would pressure cook, and that's using the modern electric ones. I still have this fear of it even though I know it's safe. 

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
@Icegoddess, a standard 2 qt replacement gasket fits that model. Amazon sells them for like $10 or $12 for a two pack.

I like my 2 qt pressure cooker if I’m just making hard boiled eggs or rice or a side dish because it fits better in my dish washer.

@RollTide2008 I'm not finding it.  Mine needs a 17cm/19 cm gasket.  The smallest I'm finding is 22 cm/24 cm.  I did find one 17/22 cm gasket, but it has these 3 extra "ears" that fit into a slot on the lid that mine doesn't have.  I suppose one could cut those off, but I'd be afraid that might affect the performance.  

PC Gasket.jpg

Respected Contributor

@remi77 wrote:

Qvc and HSN used to have 2qt pressure cookers, now I don't see any! I wish they would bring them back! Not everyone needs a large pressure cooker!

@remi77   I agree.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  Try soaking your gasket with water and baking soda.  It really helps with the odor you can get.  

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

@Icegoddess  Try soaking your gasket with water and baking soda.  It really helps with the odor you can get.  

@brandiwine I did that, and it helped, but there was still some odor there.  It finally went away after I left the lid upside down open to the air for awhile, but I really wouldn't want to have to do that every time I used it.  

Honored Contributor

I have a 3 qt InstaPot p/c and it is a little small to cook much in as I always get the burn notice when I try to cook things other than veggies in it. I did have a 6 q which was ideal and when I have more room I think I will buy another 6 qt.

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

My pressure cooker is the old school, put it on the stove top, jiggly weight on the lid type.

Mine is too and I use it to cook chicken breasts then shred with my mixer. Plenty of perfectly shredded chicken for many recpies. It is wonderful. 

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I have a 3 qt InstaPot p/c and it is a little small to cook much in as I always get the burn notice when I try to cook things other than veggies in it. I did have a 6 q which was ideal and when I have more room I think I will buy another 6 qt.

@wagirl I have the 3 qt. Instant Pot and use it a lot.There are just the 2 of us. I dislike cooking large amounts of recipes then freezing and forgetting about it at the bottom of freezer. I also have a larger Ninja with the 'roasting lid' that I like real well.  Both of those have good quality inner pots . I especially like the stainless steel of the IP.

I purchased the Cooks Essentials 2 qt.(in fact 2) from the Q when on sale. They both gave out a little while after warrenty expired and the non stick peeled before then. 

Regular Contributor

I live alone and have several size pressure cookers.  I have a 6 qt IP, a 3 qt IP and a 2 qt CE that I use regularly.  I use the 2 qt non-stick CE for making steel cut oats, hard boiled eggs, brown rice and steamed small red potatoes as well as manyhother things.  In the 2 qt one, I can cook a small amount of pasta for 1 serving.  I put the dry pasta in the pot, put just enough water to barely come to the top of the pasta.  I set the timer for 1 minute and when done, turn the pot off and do a natural release.  This works every time.  I do the natural release to avoid the sputtering.  Then I add whatever sauce (or cheese) I want to the pasta.  Also, the silcone seal from the 3 qt IP fits the lid of the CE 2 qt,  You have to remove it from the pop-in metal frame and just replace it.   

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@wagirl We have used our 3 qt. for a long time--more than 5 years--and have never had burn notices.  I can't imagine why unless you have a defective unit or don't add enough liquid.  Or maybe your vent parts need cleaned?