Respected Contributor

Re: Breville Smart Oven Air on sale on QVC

@Mothertrucker  Thanks for the feedback. I received my Breville Air Oven yesterday and it is beautiful. I love the extra space in it. My Breville Smart Oven Pro is in the kitchen also until I give it to my daughter. My husband loves the Breville ovens as they are built so nice and cook great. My Breville Smart Oven Pro still works perfectly after 3 years.

I asked online and in our store several miles from here and they said the manufacturer doesn’t allow them to use the 20% coupon. It worked out well though as there was free shipping that more than made up the difference saved. I was waiting for a sale as I was ready to upgrade.

I did put the air fry rack and broiler pieces away as I probably will never use them. I just bake and cook with it.

@aunt bea  You should get your new Breville Air oven today also. You will love the size. I will plug mine in and use this weekend. My neighbor has a birthday and I will make her some of her favorite goodies. Smiley Happy

This new  Breville Air Oven has a two year warranty as my other one had only one year. It didn’t matter as I never had to use it.

Regular Contributor

I went to pick up my Walmart grocery order and when I got home the box was outside my front door!!  I'm so excited to open it up.  Exhausted from putting away groceries so I will clean and box up on Oster over for Goodwill this afternoon and put my new Breville Oven out.  MRK NY thank you again for the sale notice!  Can't wait to use my new oven!! 

Respected Contributor

@aunt bea  Glad I could do a heads up on the Breville Air Oven price. I heated mine up today and played with it some. Beautiful on the counter and so well made. I like Breville ovens as the door opens downward and the top of the door rack is magnetized to pull out the rack when you open it. 

The controls are easy to use. When the Air Oven first is heated the Convection setting is on so I just pushed the button to turn off. (Look over the booklet and it will explain all of which button does.)  Easy to set controls for what you want and the door tells you where to put the racks for what you are cooking. This is very handy so the rack isn’t too low and burn the bottom of what you are making.

This has a pizza pan, broiler pan and comes with two racks. I had to buy the second rack for the Smart Oven Pro model. I also have the Breville cutting board on top that my daughter gave me last Christmas. Ready for some baking now. Smiley Happy

Enjoy and thanks for the post back.

Respected Contributor

@MKR14 @And @aunt bea, I have been following this thread; I am just about ready to order this oven.  You both have had it for about a week.  Any issues or concerns?  What is your most favorite thing regarding this oven?  Thanks!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop @You would love this or any of the Breville Ovens. 

I used mine yesterday and it worked flawlessly as my other Breville has done for the last few years.

Someone posted in the reviews for it that the fan was loud. When you first set up the oven the Convection is on and a fan will run in the convection mode. Just push the convection button until it stops. There is a regular baking mode as well as convection and super convection. When using a convection mode always lower the recommended temperature for what you are baking down 10 degrees as this oven works faster than a regular oven.

The kitchen did not heat up much and I love the quality of the product. I love it takes larger pans and a 12 cup muffin tin also.

I probably won’t use the air fryer or dehydrator part but it is there if needed. 

I learned a trick for the adjusting the racks setting height reading the manual. That when you line up the rack with the marking for whatever setting you want to use on the glass screen that when you “flip the rack upside down” it will change where it lines up for the other markings. This makes changes it for Cookies if on the Bake marking. If I had not read the booklet with it I would not have known this. I always read the booklet with what I buy as it does help when using what you purchase. You learn something new everyday.

Let us know if you buy this and always post any questions and I will be glad to help if I can. 

Keep the oven 4” away from the back wall and about 6” on the sides. 

I ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond and the oven came quickly and packaged very well. It also has a Breville original box that QVC many times does not. It would make a great gift for anyone. The savings right now with the lower price and free shipping at BBB is awesome.

Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

BornTo Shop, I agree with everything MKR NY has stated in her last post.  I'm thinking I will use only selective items in the air fryer mode because the booklet states to use something with grease in a pan.  I believe that defeats the purpose of an air fryer.  Used it last night for french fries and onion rings and it worked beautifully!  So far I can give this Breville a 10 star review.  Today the great nephew wants brownies so I'm going to try my copper chef brownie pan, it should fit with no problems!  Hope you purchase and let us know how you like it!! 

Respected Contributor

@aunt bea  Glad you like your new Breville Air Oven. I love the size difference between the Breville Air Oven and the Breville Smart Oven Pro. If the Breville Air Oven had not come out I still would be satisfied with what I had due to how excellent on how it cooks and the quality of the product.

Just watch what you cook the first few times to be sure you don’t overcook it. It is amazing how fast it cooks and how everything comes out perfect and moist.

I have a recipe I found online on Pinterest for Baked Fried Chicken and it was great. Just take several chicken thighs (with the skin on) and shake in flour and your favorite seasonings. After you coat them put them “skin down first” to cook and halfway through flip them over. So good. Not as much grease as deep frying as I have to limit fats in my diet.

Hope everyone that buys the Breville Air loves theirs as much as my husband and I love ours. He even cooks in it!

Respected Contributor

Well, @MKR14 and @aunt bea; I did it!  I ordered it from Williams & Sonoma!  I also got the 4-piece Goldtouch pan set with it for $375.00 plus free shipping.  It will arrive this Friday, yay!!  

Respected Contributor

Got my Breville today...soooo excited!  I got the additional pans yesterday, let the fun times begin!!!

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop  So glad you received your new Breville oven. You will be amazed at how much you will use this after you use it the very first time.

The booklet with it also is best to read before using. You will understand all the dials and see how easy it will be to use. I love the light inside. It comes on just before the cooking time is up as well as being able to turn it on when you want to check what you are cooking.

Enjoy!