Honored Contributor

Re: Breville Oven won't heat

I would be so lost without my Breville--I use it all the time. I would call CS too and see what they say. 

Contributor

I used the 20% at B,B,B plus it was on sale. I got the biggest one they has , and it only cost me 319.00 Total. This was last November 2017.

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input!  I really love Breville so I will contact them on Monday and see what they can do to help me.  I'm lost without it and had to heat up the kitchen oven last night and hated it!!  Maybe I can work out a deal with them to upgrade!!!  Thanks again I'll keep you posted on what decision I make.  I will also check with BB&B about their coupon and the cost on the larger model. 

Respected Contributor

@jst4jan wrote:

You can't use a 20% coupon on Breville at BB&B.

I did.  For both Brevilles.

Trusted Contributor

@jst4jan - I bought my Breville from BB&B almost two years ago on sale and with a 20% coupon.  My smart oven cost me $179.

Even though the coupon says the 20% doesn't apply to Breville, BB&B accepts it.

Respected Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

Do you have a 20% off coupon from BB&B?  They'll take expired ones, too.   That's where I got both my Brevilles.  The first one lasted about 8 years or so.

Breville is now shown as an "excluded"
 brand on the bottom of those coupons- I have been checking, cause I want to upgrade my 8 yr old Breville to the one that slowcooks..

Trusted Contributor

@aunt bea wrote:

I purchased my Breville Oven with the cutting board at least 5 years ago and today it will not heat.  The lights come on, the timer works but no heat.  I guess using it at least 1-2 times a day it wore out. 

Any recommendations on a replacement?  I read the reviews on the Oster double door oven here at the Q and they were mixed.  I'm trying to tell myself to wait until the holidays as a new Breville would be on sale or maybe a TSV.  Guess I'm just lost without it and don't know if I want or can wait that long.

The heating element can be easily replaced.     It”s about $20, and any handyman can change it out in about 10 minutes.

Good luck.  It’s a nice toaster oven.