Honored Contributor

Re: Bread day for me and a friend

@SharkE 

The second one looks a little "odd" but I'll bet it still tastes & smells yummylicious!!!

I wonder how they ended up so different?

Honored Contributor

look at the above post.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

How did that bread on the right end up looking like that?  Did you cook it out of the pan?

I think it decided it wanted to be a Boule instead of a loaf:

Boule, from French, meaning "ball", is a traditional shape of French bread resembling a squashed ball. A boule can be made using any type of flour and can be leavened with commercial yeast, chemical leavening, or even wild yeast sourdough

Esteemed Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

How did that bread on the right end up looking like that?  Did you cook it out of the pan?

I think it decided it wanted to be a Boule instead of a loaf:

Boule, from French, meaning "ball", is a traditional shape of French bread resembling a squashed ball. A boule can be made using any type of flour and can be leavened with commercial yeast, chemical leavening, or even wild yeast sourdough

@LdyBugz  we'll just say that @SharkE  is a magician. I love the different shapes.  The bread didn't have a choice lol. She's a great baker.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

when I split the risen dough must had put to much in 1 piece LOL

may look too high, but , gees Marie, this tastes good. Fluffy and tender not like that blah bakery bread it's real solid and too dark. This has no air holes and is real light.

That brand of yeast that I can only buy online is the best stuff ever was. We don't have it here in Amarillo have to order thru Walmart or Amazon.

Platninum brand, the best. That stuff will raise in half hr. I lost my yeast bucket, had to raise the dough in a glass bowl did good though probably won't fool with buying another one. Postage is too high now days.

anyway, I'll give her and her husband the more pretty one and I'll keep the best tasting. ROFL

@SharkE I'm a little lost with these terms.  Yeast bucket?  What is that?  Thanks for the Platinum yeast recommendation.  I put it in my Amazon list.  I take it you're doing it all manually?  I'm trying to use a bread machine, but came to the conclusion that I'm gonna have to just use the dough cycle and cook it in the oven to get it decently browned.  Don't want that hole in the bottom either.

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04Magician indeed!  I wish I had the patience to make bread from scratch like she does!  I bet her house smells fabulous right now.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I get the fat loaf hahhahahah she can have the more fancy one on left

@SharkE 

I'll gladly share it with ya', warm with some buttah and honey!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Before

101_0203.jpeg

After

101_0204.jpeg

That's the extra LOVE that @SharkE put into her loaf, just for us!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

when I split the risen dough must had put to much in 1 piece LOL

may look too high, but , gees Marie, this tastes good. Fluffy and tender not like that blah bakery bread it's real solid and too dark. This has no air holes and is real light.

That brand of yeast that I can only buy online is the best stuff ever was. We don't have it here in Amarillo have to order thru Walmart or Amazon.

Platninum brand, the best. That stuff will raise in half hr. I lost my yeast bucket, had to raise the dough in a glass bowl did good though probably won't fool with buying another one. Postage is too high now days.

anyway, I'll give her and her husband the more pretty one and I'll keep the best tasting. ROFL

@SharkE I'm a little lost with these terms.  Yeast bucket?  What is that?  Thanks for the Platinum yeast recommendation.  I put it in my Amazon list.  I take it you're doing it all manually?  I'm trying to use a bread machine, but came to the conclusion that I'm gonna have to just use the dough cycle and cook it in the oven to get it decently browned.  Don't want that hole in the bottom either.

They sell them at everythingKitchens . A big plastic container with measurements on the side and a lid.

My big glass bowl did a good job though.  Bread making is something that you have to read lots of recipes, figure out the best flour, find the best yeast, make sure you got the right temperature when you mix the water with the yeast.   I usually go with 115-120'. I got a thermomenter just for yeast.

Could be too when I folded over the rolled out dough I made the fat loaf a little to thick or my loaf pan wasn't big enough. As long as it didn't spill over in the oven and the taste is wonderful I don't fret over the looks.

Bread machine is not forgiving like homemade recipes are. Bread machines you have to be real precise I'd rather wing it a little. LOL

Honored Contributor

Looks like a rounded ball but isn't

101_0208.jpeg

101_0209.jpeg