Esteemed Contributor

Re: Boy, Did I Ever Take The Easy Way...........

@CAcableGirl2   Oops, sent leftovers homewith my son.

If you Google flat apple pie you can see them.

Honored Contributor

My DH helped me make two kinds of candy earlier this week. We'll have so much for the main course tomorrow so I didn't bother with desserts.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@rockygems123   I'm trying to think how to describe what I did. It is kind of a lift and fold over I guess.

Best thing is to  Google flat apple and it will make sense.

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Ok perfect, thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

@rockygems123   You are welcome.  I have seen similar pies done on Food Network, and in cookbooks, and decided it was the way too go.

Contributor

Nothing wrong with that and everything right about it.  I always bought Mrs. Stouffer's lasagne.  I told the family, look, she has been practicing this for a very long time. So who am I to tell her anything about lasagne or mac and cheese for that matter. You can always put it into your own vessel.

Super Contributor

Happy Holidays to all! Well, I made lasagna from scratch with bolognese sauce and bechemel.......never did it like this before, but it was quite good. I did take one shortcut though......Barilla lasagna noodles. I think there was some controversy with them ( Barilla) but I really like their pasta products.

Trusted Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

out for dessert tonight. My son is coming for dinner tonight w/DD and I and do our Christmas together.

I had a box of Pillsbury pie dough in the fridge and a couple cans of pie filling.  I didn't even use pie plates. Parchment paper on a large baking sheet, rolled out crust, put on parchment, canned filling in the middle spread it out some,  folded up the dough and baked. 1cherry, 1 apple and I have whipped cream.  Done.

Only thing easier would be to buy a pie.

My back has been very unhappy since this bitterly cold weather and I just couldn't fuss over dessert. Both kids would say don't worry about dessert at all but I wanted to so something.

Do you ever fudge on making something totally from scratch?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I'm trying to picture, folded up the dough like a large turnover or a roll?

I recently bought Pillsbury Crescent rolls with apple pie filling, that'll be easy but would like to try your method too! TIA

I'm picturing a galette. I bet it was yummy!

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvSoCal  Yes, you hit the nail on the head, a galette.  My little pea brain didn't think of that.  Thank you.

Actually, for a purchased pie crust and just canned pie filling it was good.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

My husband once made a gallette. It was really good--better than traditional pie. It looked like this:

images (11).jpeg