Frequent Contributor

Bosch Dishwasher suds residue

Has anyone experienced suds left in the bottom of a Bosch dishwasher at the end of the cycle?  I called Bosch and the first women told me to change the RinseAid because there was an issue with the formula.  I did that and still had suds.  The second person I spoke to said to put a dish of white vinegar in the top rack and run through the cycle with no dishes or soap - still suds left.  This dishwasher is only 3 1/2 years old and my gut feeling is that this is a flaw in the dishwasher.  I will probably have to call a repairman but thought I would check here first to see if anyone has the same problem and/or a solution.  I know appliances are not made to last as long as they use to but this is ridiculous.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bosch Dishwasher suds residue

I just got a Bosch a year and a half ago and love it.  When you say suds, do you mean a lot or just a few bubbles?  When my wash if finished, I let it sit for about 10 mins until I open the door and then I open it and just move out the racks a few inches, which help with drying.  I've seen a few bubbles on the bottom of the inside but they evaporate, and my glasses and dishes are spotless.   What is your experience?

Which detergent are you using?

Honored Contributor

I have a Bosch that is several years old now.  I also suggest checking your detergent use.  I found that my machine needs less detergent than the previous brands of dishwashers I've had.  The amount of detergent also depends on the hardness of your water.  If you have soft water, you need much less detergent (of any kind) in any type of washing, dish or clothes.

Also, are you using the "Sanitize" feature at all?  I find that using that will eliminate most, if not all, excess water and/or suds.

But if your sudsing problem is severe, calling a service person may be your only answer.

And you're right, none of today's appliances last nearly as long as they used to!

Valued Contributor

I was told to only use cascade pods in my Bosch dishwasher. At the time I called regarding a drying issue.

Respected Contributor

Mine came with Finish Quantum and that is what I still use-

but yours sounds more like a mechanical problem..have you checked to see if the sceen is clogged? perhaps the suds cannot completely rinse away...

Respected Contributor

I've had my Bosch for 11 years and have only had a problem with standing water in the bottom.  We just open the little basket and clean it out.  Clean that and see if your dishwasher still has the suds problem.  I only use Cascade pods and have never had a suds problem.  

Respected Contributor

My Bosch came with Finish, which I tried and like a lot.  I had a new box of Cascade pods and am finishing those up.  They both do a great job.

Trusted Contributor

Our Bosch (last year purchase) came with the Finish product and the intaller told us to use that exclusively.  Amazing how instructions vary!!  I gave away all the Cascade we had bought at Costco - 2 large containers.  We haven't had any issues with suds in the bottom of the unit.

Super Contributor

I don't have a Bosch, but my old dishwasher was doing the same thing. The repairman said between the rinse agent and the too big soap compartments, dishwashers get too much soap. He recommended I not put soap in the "pre" compartment and only fill the main soap compartment 1/2 full. He pointed out the soap build up around the door seal. My dishwasher was 3 years old at the time. He said he sees this issue all the time with all brands and questions why the soap holders are so big when they don't need to be.

After following his instructions, I never had the suds issue again and my dishes and everything else still came out nice and clean. We recently bought a new dishwasher and I'm still following his instructions on soap amount, and I'm still getting great results.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your responses.  I use the Finish Powerball and Finish Rinse Aid, which was recommended.  Our water is neither soft or hard.  The residue that is left on the bottom are puddles of soap bubbles.  I had checked the filter and that is clean.   I often do half loads and that's never been a problem and the sanitize option is always set.  This doesn't impact the dishes - they always come out clean & the glassware is spotless.  Over time, because I have done half loads, maybe this is why it's happening - too much soap. I'll try just doing full loads and see if that helps.  Thanks again for your help.