Trusted Contributor

Re: Borden EGG Nog in the can question

On 12/19/2014 Sooner said:
On 12/18/2014 forrestwolf said:

Oh my goodness........I am about to make some people just cringe with what I am about to say........{#emotions_dlg.crying} Today's egg nog, is so pasturized, that it will just last a long time........and the same with heavy cream........Egg Nog that I bought in November has a 2/1/15 expiration date......I have kept it for many months, after the expiration date, and as long as the pour seal has not been broken, taste the same as if it was just bought......I tested myself, just to see how long different dairy products will stay usable/drinkable, and I used some heavy cream, never opened, that was over 8 months past the expiration date, and was told the item that I made was the best ever.........{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Go figure.......I never pay attention to sell by dates, as they are just a number, and have tried and true results of this........I personally do not care for the Borden canned Egg Nog, but that is me personally, as I do know many who do, and being from the Columbus, GA area, that used to be almost all you could get, but they are now gone, and will only occasionally see it available....

Am I reading this wrong? You made something out of cream more than 8 months past the expiration date and served it to people? {#emotions_dlg.blush} I'm so confused.

Yes......actually I did.......I smelled the product, and tasted the product, and it was pasteurized, and I truly do not always go by the sell by date.....No one has ever died or gotten sick from any of my cooking, so I must be doing something right.....{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......