Respected Contributor
On 7/12/2014 stilltamn8r said: The fresher the egg, the harder to peel..this is because no air pocket has yet formed inside the egg...

ITA!!!! Cold H20 is not going to help nor is cooling the eggs in cold H20 afterwards.

Old eggs R easier to peel. Fresh eggs R not. Google it for details.

Respected Contributor

I just read a tip to put a teaspoon of baking soda into the water when boiling eggs and the shell will come right off.

I don't know if it works, but will try it next time I boil eggs.

Frequent Contributor
On 7/12/2014 KY_Liz said:
On 7/12/2014 Krimpette said:

I used to get frustrated with that problem some of the time. Then I got Mark Charles Missilli's egg cooker and I have no problems whatever now!

I just got the MCM Eggspress cooker too and it does hard boiled eggs perfectly. I could never get it right boiling them in the saucepan and have zero problems with the cooker.

I agree with Krimpette and KY Liz.

I got the MCM egg cooker, and my eggs peel very easily.

I'm guessing it works the same with any egg cooker, since it steams the eggs.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor
On 7/12/2014 mrsdash said:

I used to get frustrated with that problem some of the time. Then I got Mark Charles Missilli's egg cooker and I have no problems whatever now!

I just got the MCM Eggspress cooker too and it does hard boiled eggs perfectly. I could never get it right boiling them in the saucepan and have zero problems with the cooker.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regarding the egg cookers.....I wonder if the fact that you "pierce" the egg shell before cooking (conceivably adding air to it) helps them be easier to peel??????
Honored Contributor

I take them straight off the stove, dry them, and immediately refrigerate them.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

LOVE this kitchen gadget! I've tried numerous methods and could never get the eggs to peel cleaning. The MCM egg cooker is the bomb!

Valued Contributor

I never let them cool before I peel them. I dump the hot water off them and fill the pan with cool water. Start peeling immediately. Run cool to warm water over them while peeling. I never have a problem.

Honored Contributor

Put them immediately in a bowl full of water and ice cubes emmie and it will slide off, I promise!!

Honored Contributor
I buy Egglands Best hard boiled eggs that are already shelled. In the fresh egg department.
Frequent Contributor
On 7/12/2014 stilltamn8r said:
On 7/12/2014 mrsdash said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Regarding the egg cookers.....I wonder if the fact that you "pierce" the egg shell before cooking (conceivably adding air to it) helps them be easier to peel??????

I thought of that too. With the egg being pierced, maybe the steam gets in

there, making them easier to peel.

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}