Super Contributor

24 burgers for $80...

You're kidding me, right?

Contributor
He has to pay for his big mansion here in South Jersey. ??
Trusted Contributor

For 7.5 pounds of angus beef, individually wrapped and frozen, and shipped on dry ice, that is actually not a bad price. Besides, I am sure we all (OP included) spend money on things others would find silly and frivolous.

Super Contributor
On 1/11/2015 KYToby said:

For 7.5 pounds of angus beef, individually wrapped and frozen, and shipped on dry ice, that is actually not a bad price. Besides, I am sure we all (OP included) spend money on things others would find silly and frivolous.

For the many times I've already been burned buying food from supposed 'gourmet' vendors...this is not just frivolous...it's ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

I decided to try his crab cakes in December - was never impressed with previous QVC seafood vendors - but won't purchase again. They did have chunks of crab but certainly not worth the $$$$

Frequent Contributor
We are on our second re order of these. They are so good. Far better than Omaha Steaks burgers or that awful Midwestern brand the Q sells... the name escapes me they were that unforgettable. We like a really good burger and love to try new things. Bobby Chez are very good and worth it to our family.
Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2015 Bichongal1 said: We are on our second re order of these. They are so good. Far better than Omaha Steaks burgers or that awful Midwestern brand the Q sells... the name escapes me they were that unforgettable. We like a really good burger and love to try new things. Bobby Chez are very good and worth it to our family.

Totally agree! Most delicious steak burgers we have ever eaten. They are worth every penny to us as well. I think you are trying to remember Kansas City Steak Co. We have had theirs as well as Omaha steak burgers...Bobby Chez were 10x better.

We smoke them since we can't grill in the winter here, and they are just fantastic.

I agree with KYToby...I don't think $3.33 per burger is overpriced. Most restaurants around me charge $6.95+ for a decent burger and it is only ground chuck!

Trusted Contributor
On 1/14/2015 radimage said:
On 1/11/2015 KYToby said:

For the many times I've already been burned buying food from supposed 'gourmet' vendors...this is not just frivolous...it's ridiculous.

How people choose to spend their money is, ultimately, up to those who earn it. I am sure you make plenty of purchases that others would find "not just frivolous" but "ridiculous." Just because you have personally purchased "gourmet" items and felt that you did not receive a good value for your money does not mean that all "gourmet" sources are bad or not a good value.

This is a product that I would not be interested in buying. I am fortunate to live in an area where I can get a higher-quality product locally if I wish. I also tend to grind my own meat from larger cuts that I buy from a local butcher, so I usually do not buy ground beef products anyway. Ultimately, though, if others want to buy it (and apparently people do), what business is it of mine -- or yours -- or any of the other detractors?