Esteemed Contributor

For anyone contemplating the Blue Jean Chef's new five-piece whisk set (or for those of you who picked it up but don't want to watch the presentation again to recall the various whisk purposes), I thought I'd share this overview from Meredith's e-newsletter—I was surprised it wasn't offered as a PDF file on the product page:

Danish Dough Whisk - Is a heavier whisk intended to move through thicker, sticky batters and bread doughs. It’s ideal for adding ingredients like chocolate chips to cookie doughs or making buttermilk biscuits.

Cage Whisk - Has the shape of a balloon whisk for incorporating air into batters while also breaking up lumps. Use this for whipping cream or egg whites to fluffy peaks.

Ball Whisk - Is a multi-purpose whisk that breaks up lumps and combines ingredients into a homogenous mixture. This whisk is great for beating eggs into batters and it can reach into corners of pots better than a round whisk.

Roux Whisk - Is a flat whisk ideal for whisking in skillets and on other flat surfaces that are hard to get to with a traditional round-tipped whisk. It is designed for making a roux, which is the start of your homemade cheese sauces and gravies.

Sauce Whisk - Has tines that are in the shape of a coil and an angled handle so it rests somewhat flat. That lets you whisk side to side as well as up and down. It’s perfect for whisking sauces, beating eggs, and making dressings and dips.

And here's a product link, if you're interested:

https://www.qvc.com/Blue-Jean-Chef-5-Piece-Stainless-Steel-Specialty-Whisk-Set.product.K68943.html?s...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue Jean Chef whisk set

Blue Jean is a lovely lady but her idea of what I need in the kitchen is way off..

.I'm donating most of the trinkets (silly things I bought from QVC over the years).  I can whip an egg with a fork successfully...still.

Honored Contributor

I have the Danish dough whisk and I use it for all of my mixing, it's great !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No coil whisk?!  It's the only one I use.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I have the Danish dough whisk and I use it for all of my mixing, it's great !

I use mine for bread and I love it.

Honored Contributor

I did buy this set and it really is a good one--already had the dough whisk and the the cage whisk as well ,  but took out the ball was kins of messy to use but the cat loves the tiny wire ball Cat Tongue----so will give those 2 away--but love the other ones!

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

Isnt that the sauce whisk?

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

@FranandZoe wrote:

Isnt that the sauce whisk?

No - it's cone shaped - kind of like a beehive.