Respected Contributor

Re: Blue Jean Chef fudge recipe

[ Edited ]

I guess you can also add my name to the list of those who aren't partial to the taste of fudge.    Just give me a small little piece and then I won't need another one for years.    

It's just too sweet for me.

Honored Contributor

I 'm joining the club not against fudge, but, coffee. I've had maybe 2 cups of coffee in all my yrs. There, I've said it ! DH and I just don't drink coffee.

Looks like sewer water.

Got a friend at church who drinks 13 cups just at breakfast !! He dies laughing at me when I say "now, that's just not right that's gonna give you some kind of bad health issue in the long run".  

Everybody has coffee cup in hand walking around like zombies.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I 'm joining the club not against fudge, but, coffee. I've had maybe 2 cups of coffee in all my yrs. There, I've said it ! DH and I just don't drink coffee.

Looks like sewer water.

Got a friend at church who drinks 13 cups just at breakfast !! He dies laughing at me when I say "now, that's just not right that's gonna give you some kind of bad health issue in the long run".  

I'll become a member of your club.   I remember as a kid my mother always had the percolator going from morning to night.   I grew up hating the smell of coffee and was never even tempted to try a cup.   I've always been a tea drinker.  

Honored Contributor

I'd put so much milk and sugar in it it would be cocoa by the time I got thru with it. LOL

I'm a Sprite and tea drinker, DH is lemonade

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Looks like sewer water.

@SharkE I hear you!  I was never a coffee drinker.  Now I DO like a shot of espresso now and then, and I like iced coffee with a good amount of milk in hot weather, but just coffee?  No.  Not my thing!

Honored Contributor

He's glad we don't like. Coffee is expensive !

Esteemed Contributor

What about the "no hot beverages" club? I think I'm probably the only member since I've never met anyone who shares my strong dislike of hot drinks. Once per year, I have about half a cup of hot cocoa at a family holiday party where doing so is expected, but aside from that, I avoid all hot beverages unless I'm forcing down some hot water with honey to soothe a very sore throat (and then it's essentially medicine, not a drink).

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

What about the "no hot beverages" club? I think I'm probably the only member since I've never met anyone who shares my strong dislike of hot drinks. Once per year, I have about half a cup of hot cocoa at a family holiday party where doing so is expected, but aside from that, I avoid all hot beverages unless I'm forcing down some hot water with honey to soothe a very sore throat (and then it's essentially medicine, not a drink).

@loriqvc.  My Mother never drank any hot beverages as far as I know. She never drank coffee or tea. 

Honored Contributor

Over in England they don't give you ice for your soda's.

Just drink it from the bottle, no ice in glass. Everything is warm.

We sit down and wanted fish and chips, never got waited on got up

and left. Later on, in the tour bus we were told "your suppose to go

up to the counter and order". LOL

Couldn't wait to get home to my ice maker ahhahaha

Love England, though. Bet Meghan has to really adjust.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you @SharkE as I'd prefer tea, Sprite, or water--definitely not coffee.  And I could go for a piece of fudge from time to time.  I look forward to trying this recipe.  I've never made fudge before, but this one looks fairly easy.