Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Jean Chef fudge recipe

you mean not ever ?

I made today it was pretty good. Easy , just time it to 5 min on low to medium boil. No beating and beating like the old time recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box. that was always a toughie.

Since it's not the week end LOL I just ate  a few pieces I'll turn it loose on Sat and Sun. LOL  Fudge is expensive when U buy it out.

Honored Contributor

oh yeah, she said 9inch square pan.

I put in bigger pan. I've got one that's not quite a 9x13, but, longer then a 9 in. square. Would have made it to thick we don't like that real thick stuff.

turned out better LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Sooner 

My DM made beautiful looking fudge and everyone loved it-but me!   To me, it tasted like thick fudge cake frosting and that was not an appealing thing to eat for me.   I do remember eating that old recipe for cocoa fudge that often turned out gritty and to be honest for chocolate fudge, that is my choice.  If I ever break down and purchase fudge, I prefer maple walnut which you rarely see a recipe for and I never make because I don't know if I want to spend the time and money to make something I'm not sure I would be happy with!

@mustang66lady   Grainy is what I remember about fudge growing up.  My Mother's favorite candy was maple, she was from Canada.

Honored Contributor

We bought some authentic maple syrup in a tin that was from Vermont got it at Cracker Barrel that was horrible stuff. Tasted like metal. It's expensive and thought it would be top of the line.

Went back to Mrs. Butterworth LOL

I like their pancake mix, too.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

We bought some authentic maple syrup in a tin that was from Vermont got it at Cracker Barrel that was horrible stuff. Tasted like metal. It's expensive and thought it would be top of the line.

Went back to Mrs. Butterworth LOL

I like their pancake mix, too.

@SharkE   I love Mrs. Butterworth I buy maple syrup for DH from Costco and from Home Goods, very good.  Every Christmas he gets several bottles of various maple syrups.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I 'm joining the club not against fudge, but, coffee. I've had maybe 2 cups of coffee in all my yrs. There, I've said it ! DH and I just don't drink coffee.

Looks like sewer water.

Got a friend at church who drinks 13 cups just at breakfast !! He dies laughing at me when I say "now, that's just not right that's gonna give you some kind of bad health issue in the long run".  

Everybody has coffee cup in hand walking around like zombies.

@SharkE   I drink tea, coffee would give me headaches, and DH now drinks decaf coffee, poison!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

What about the "no hot beverages" club? I think I'm probably the only member since I've never met anyone who shares my strong dislike of hot drinks. Once per year, I have about half a cup of hot cocoa at a family holiday party where doing so is expected, but aside from that, I avoid all hot beverages unless I'm forcing down some hot water with honey to soothe a very sore throat (and then it's essentially medicine, not a drink).

I have never liked hot liquids either, including soup.  I wish I didn’t like fudge but haven’t had it in years.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for fudge either, though I've a sweet tooth to rival the best of them.  Fudge is so much sugar and then I think of teeth and decay.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want the BEST & EASIEST chocolate fudge recipe using chocolate chips you need to try this one from Taste of Home.  

www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/four-chip-fudge/

I make this every Christmas and it disappears in minutes.  I cut into small pieces as it is very rich but so good.

Valued Contributor

me too!