Respected Contributor

Re: Bit of a bait & switch, QVC? Re: KC Ham OTO

I get what you are saying and I agree with you. I think Jill even thought it was the bigger ham when she gushed about the price compared to one she had ordered earlier. I ordered it anyway realizing it was smaller, as that was okay with me. This ham has now turned out to be a problem for me for another reason. This morning, because of a change in our plans, I was trying to edit the shipping address to a different home. Had no luck online. Called customer service....he couldn't get it to switch either. He said he could cancel the order entirely and I opted for that. It is not showing it's been cancelled when I check my order status, and I seriously doubt if it will be. Now a ham will be coming to an address where no one is at home. Great....and my first KC ham order ever.

Respected Contributor

The actual higher weight of the OTO is higher than the smallest of the one in the picture, so it's not necessarily going to be smaller. I know I order the larger lobsters, as I'm pretty sure the smaller ones are the smallest size. Smiley Wink

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Forget the picture........It has nothing to do with anything.......They are stock pictures, but you needed to look at the ACTUAL poundage, with no value present to the picture.......TAKE THE PICTURE AWAY, AND LOOK AT WHAT YOU WERE ACTUALLY GOING TO GET.........I think THAT is the whole point of what she is trying to tell you.......Who cares any more........It instantly became a "wait list only product", and is now over.....{#emotions_dlg.blink}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Respected Contributor

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I understand what she is saying, the shot says that M44917 is a ham that weighs 7.25-8.5 lbs for a certain price, but when you pull up that item number, it is a ham that weighs 6.5=7.75 lbs. That does make a difference, and makes the price per pound higher.

I don't think it is whining to expect what is advertised, or have we become so jaded and used to being misled that we don't expect to be told the truth?

Honored Contributor

I purchased a KC ham last year that cost around $70. It was not a large ham. All I can say is that it was mostly bone, had about 2 - 3" of fat around the bone and was heavily laced with fat throughout. There was not enough meat on that ham to feed my family for Christmas, let alone have any leftovers. I ran to the store and got another ham ($40 less) and cooked that with the expensive little ham. There was no discernible difference in taste between the supermarket ham and the KC ham. Never again. Maybe it was just a bad experience but as I said... never again.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*