Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bisquick, Jiffy, or Pioneer?

I prefer Bisquick because it's a multi use product. I like Jiffy if I want some "quickie" muffins.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been hooked on Krusteaz for several years and was going to add the brand to your list.  You may want to try Krusteaz, too.  I got started buying their mixes when I asked our server at Coco's restaurant (many years ago) what type of pancake mix Coco's used.  You guessed it . . . Krusteaz!  Another favorite of mine is their crumb cake mix as well as their blueberry muffin, cranberry orange muffin and pumpkin pie bar mixes.  So 'eaz -y' and oh, so gooood! ; )

Esteemed Contributor

I use Jiffy corn muffin mix and remove a heaping tablespoon of mix and add in a heaping tablespoon of flour.  Not quite as crumbly!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I had always used Jiffy Mix, but in the last year found Krusteaz, I think it is 10 times better.  I have found it even better than making your own.  As for texture I find it less gritty.

I use bisquick for other things.

@Imaoldhippie, Krusteaz makes a baking mix?  I didn't know that!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tend to buy whichever is on sale and/or have coupon for.

I've bought the Bisquick Heart Smart and can't tell much of a difference vs. regular bisquick.  I've never heard of Pioneer.  I like Krusteaz for coffee cakes/quick breads.  Harris Teeter carries a southern biscuit mix that I like.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I think I need to edit my original question as I did not do a good job of explaining about what I was asking.  Sorry about that!  I'm not talking about muffin or quick bread mixes.  I'm talking about all purpose baking mixes where you can make many things from them like biscuits, pie crust, impossible pies, etc.  Like these:

000130186-1.jpgUnknown.jpg91+thAvCseL._SY355_.jpg

Honored Contributor

Jiffy products hands down! Its a Michigan based company and I always try to support those in my state. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Bisquick.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg........A baking mix Im not sure, I didnt make my post clear I have used Krusteaz for corn bread.   Use their bread mix for my breadmaker.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

Bisquick.  Tried Pioneer just to see if better- but did not like the taste as much as Bisquick.