Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

LOL! Ain't that the truth!

Who has 'gift closets' anymore? According to QVC we need a gift warehouse with a freezer!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Some people just have a lot of money and $76 is like 50 cents to them.

If you don't bake, don't want to bake, not buy from a grocery store, have it shipped to your door, think it's the best you can buy, $76 is cheap.

Neman Marcus is the same with their Christmas catalog and food they offer.  Side dishes are almost a $100 a piece.  I remember I just had to have the chocolate chip cookies that are supposely famous, they were a big dud and a big chunk out of my wallet.

Another way to look at it is, take a can of Green Giant canned green bean, toss them in butter and top them off with toasted almonds.   You make it about $2 but if Neiman Marcus offers it for $50, they taste better.

@Just Bling 

Neiman-Marcus posted the famous Neiman-Marcus chocolate chip cookie recipe online, you can google it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

The price of ALL the food on QVC is BEYOND RIDICULOUS. I'm sure any food that QVC sells can be bought for less elsewhere.

@layla2450 

Make that pretty much anywhere!

Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I'm always amazed at how expensive QVC food is.  But, even more amazed at how many people are buying.

@Winkk 

Count me in that number. The Corky's TSV that they had a few days ago looked very yummy.  I purchased the 5 lb. ham for $69.00 for Thanksgiving, and the Turkey full meal, I believe for $139 for Christmas, with the intent for freezing it and eating some of the side dishes with protein throughout the month of January. (WHY?)

Well I came to my senses. I was in Super Walmart on Saturday and purchased a 13.5 lb ham for $26.00 dollars. I promptly came home and cancelled both orders. 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you for that info, but there is no better chocolate chip cookie that

the one posted in America's Test Kitchen

Esteemed Contributor

I think people get caught up with the food looking appealing and purchase. I might watch the Q 10 minutes a week, it's easy to be caught up in the hype. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

i bought some to put in my gift closet............

@nana59 

Shouldn't that be your gift "freezer" 😲 as I'm sure your gift closet is overflowing with the great gifts from Q since every item since September has now become a "great gift"🤣

@homedecor1 @nana59 

Gift FREEZER!!!!!!!

Laughing Emoji GIFs | Tenor 

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@KingstonsMom 

Thank you for that info, but there is no better chocolate chip cookie that

the one posted in America's Test Kitchen

@Just Bling 

Would you mind posting that recipe in the Recipe Forum?

It blocked me!  all blurry!

TIA! 

PS no rush....I am out of chips right now, LOL

I'd love to see what makes them so special!!

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I can't believe $76 for 8 biscuits.  I realize they are stuffed but this is one item I can't believe.  They have charged a lot for other products but these are just biscuits. That's $9.50 for one plus the tax and s/h.

@luvmybeetle 

There is no Shipping and handling on food items....it is built into the price already...and depending on your state's tax laws...possibly no tax either.

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy anything---and didn't watch much either---all food is so boring----and so overpriced-----