Occasional Contributor

Today I received the Cheryl's cookies in the Christmas balls. During the show in which I made my purchase, a caller asked if there were any tree nuts in the cookies. The vendor stated that there definitely were not. What she did not say was that the cookies were baked on equipment where tree nuts, peanuts, etc. were used. There is an Allergen alert inside the balls. This was a very serious omission for those who are affected by such allergies and it has changed my use for some of the balls.

Honored Contributor

Did the cookies come inside Christmas balls? I can't imagine ...

Occasional Contributor

Yes, It was the TSV for July 31st - with delivery this week. Eight, large , very nice Christmas balls with attached name tags. The balls separate in half and are filled with several individually wrapped cookies. I plan to add money to them for my grandchildren, but must now remove the cookies from two of them.

Honored Contributor

That's rather disturbing!

One good thing is that probably people, well adults and for their charges, who are allergic to nuts probably know what to look for. But if it's a gift situation that can be problematic, especially if the giver doesn't know there are some who are allergic and they either tossed or didn't even see the disclaimer.