Honored Contributor

Re: Beware : Product of China

@bigtraps , @Jdpic 

I meant that statement different then the way you seemed to have taken it.  Kind of tongue in cheek.  It just dosen't really come through online.  I will be back in the Asian market and the Chinese restaurants as soon and if this pandemic is ever over.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne   I did under your tongue-in-cheek tone.  And I am still--seriously--purchasing Chinese shelf stable ingredients online.  I cook many meals that have an Asian influence.  And Chinese food is  my favorite.

If I had an Asian market nearby (I don't drive and haven't taken public transport--bus or Metro-- since this started) I would visit and shop in it.

Used to frequent one or two monthly when I lived in Connecticut.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 

Thanks.  

Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@bigtraps , @Jdpic 

I meant that statement different then the way you seemed to have taken it.  Kind of tongue in cheek.  It just dosen't really come through online.  I will be back in the Asian market and the Chinese restaurants as soon and if this pandemic is ever over.  

NP.  Some people just seem to make self righteous statements.

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Reever So you won't eat it but figure it's okay for someone in need. Do I have that right? 

That is what I thought, too.  She does not want it because it is from China, but is going to donate it for someone else?  What?  Why not just throw it in the trash?

Honored Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

@Reever So you won't eat it but figure it's okay for someone in need. Do I have that right? 

That is what I thought, too.  She does not want it because it is from China, but is going to donate it for someone else?  What?  Why not just throw it in the trash?

@Jinlei Why should she throw it in the trash?  Plenty of people on here would eat it.  It's been stated several times....you didn't see those posts?  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

@Jinlei Why should she throw it in the trash?  Plenty of people on here would eat it.  It's been stated several times....you didn't see those posts?  

Exactly - it seems a lot of posters here have no problem eating something coming from China...so why should she throw it away??

I personally would not purchase any food for myself, family or my beloved pets coming from China.  I cannot understand why so many on these boards are willing to defend China, given the human rights abuses, animal cruelty, and questionable safety.  

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, please.  Ideological concerns are not the reason the poster won't eat it.... she contends that it's poisonous,  dangerous,  contaminated,  unsafe.....

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Oh, please.  Ideological concerns are not the reason the poster won't eat it.... she contends that it's poisonous,  dangerous,  contaminated,  unsafe.....

@Johnnyeager  ....and made by dirty people.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia Just try to get your money back. Don't donate this stuff. I felt like that when we donated old cruddy looking food that sat from our buffett's at a pizza shop I worked at. I wouldn't , I threw it out when they wanted me to box it up to take to a soup kitchen, Grossed me out.