Respected Contributor

Beware : Product of China

[ Edited ]

My niece dropped off groceries since I am not leaving the house due to the Virus and I was shocked she left me an odd product, "Edame Spaghetti" vegan by Simply Nature. I was not particularly keen on it, but when I flipped the back and saw fine print "Product of China" the decision was easy  donate to a food pantry.  Many are concerned with food items coming from China with their lax regulations and dirty processing facilities. Please be aware when reading labels to check for country of origin.  In my opinion the only spagehettl one should eat is from Italy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beware : Product of China

@Reever So you won't eat it but figure it's okay for someone in need. Do I have that right? 

Honored Contributor

@Reever   Here we go again, first your garlic rant and now this.  In the interest of peace here please give your shopper explicit instructions on goods from China, although we know they must meet the same standards as any other food product.  Your personal prejudices are showing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids Oh Brother...........that was my first thought.  Poison the poor but not me.

Honored Contributor

So the niece is kind enough to do the OP's shopping but the OP is "shocked" that the niece bought something and didn't check where it was made?  I know my answer to that!  

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Reever So you won't eat it but figure it's okay for someone in need. Do I have that right? 

Really?

Just because I don't want/like/will use/think safe, doesn't mean others think or feel the same about it.

I won't eat food from China (knowingly), but many others will, and why should I not pass it on to someone, somewhere who would? 

Honored Contributor

If you're concerned about safety, why not throw it away instead of giving it to someone else to eat?

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Really?

Just because I don't want/like/will use/think safe, doesn't mean others think or feel the same about it.

I won't eat food from China (knowingly), but many others will, and why should I not pass it on to someone, somewhere who would? 

It just doesn't seem very charitable. 🤷‍♀️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

If I won't eat it due to safety concerns I certainly would not pass it on

to someone else .....

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@Love my grandkids Oh Brother...........that was my first thought.  Poison the poor but not me.

As you can see, a lot of people have no problem with it, so why not donate it?  Some people are violently opposed to food from China, some embrace it more than food from the U.S.