Honored Contributor

Re: Beware : Frozen produce from China

How strange. I've never looked at the country of origin when buying what few frozen veggies we use. Apparently, if any were from China, they were fine. And you, @Reever, how are you feeling? I assume that you are still up and about ?

This continued drumbeat against China is not in anyone's best interests. I resent hearing it from TPTB, as it gives tacit permission for some very nasty words and actions these days.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I don't know why so many people get so hyped about products from China. Its not like China is just sending this stuff over here.  Purveyors and manufacturers (most from the US) are ordering this stuff to be sent here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever- someone asked up thread, what was the brand?  Where did you purchase the spinach?

Trusted Contributor

@Reever  Thank you for that! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

And you're still alive, go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

211C55A0-1F65-4BC0-BBB9-29FE135D63C0.jpeg7D43DC60-DD74-4D8C-8BBF-0597F9ADF2AA.jpeg

@Carmie 

I don't see the source of this article. Please share. Also, is it from this year? Not challenging you, just interested.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags   I have looked all over and can't find the exact source.  I cleaned out my IPad last evening.

I think this particular article was written in 2015 if my memory is correct.

I have traveled to Asia a lot.   I learned from the people there how bad our food was and when I came home I did some research on it.

I developed Celiac Disease when I was 30.  Before that I had no problems.  The GMO wheat might Be a factor.  I really don't know, but I do believe we are messing with our food in an unnatural way.

Honored Contributor

@Reever What was the brand of spinach and which grocery chain?

Valued Contributor

I will check labels because I am not interested in buying Chinese anything...some items we cannot get around because Some things are only made there.  Over 60,000 dead in this country, trillions of dollars lost, jobs and lives ruined...cannot justify buying much from China after they decided to remain silent about the covid outbreak in Wuhan.

Regular Contributor

It is not limited to generic or off brands. A leading national brand of frozen vegetables has been sourced from China for years.