Trusted Contributor

Re: Betty Crocker items at Dollar Tree

@lork wrote:

I bake a lot of bundt cakes and the Dollar Tree has the perfect cake carrier! It's not large or heavy, but just right for a 10 cup bundt cake.  Now I don't feel bad if I've taken someone a cake and they don't return the covering.  

@lork I need more info!  Is it plastic?  I've never seen this there.  

I love dollar tree.  The different sized foil pans they have are great.  Whenever I'm making lasagna, etc, I make extra and freeze.  Lately they've had funnel cake mix (I can't remember if you add milk or water).  It's a fun little treat.

Honored Contributor

I started buying BC items a couple of years ago here at our Dollar Trees in Texas.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

yeah, they got little bit of everything on the wall. I bought one of their strainer bowls to drain macroni and boiled potatoes, can go in dishwasher.

don't like those spatula's though, they snap. Spatulas best bought at Walmart if you can manage to stand and look at anything before the aisle fills up.  OXO makes great stuff too have to go to Bed and Bath for the higher end stuff.

Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter , @shoesnbags 

I had a friend who was looking at the tools and pulled one of the peg, and the one above it came with it, hit her in the eye and she ended up with a black eye for a long time. 

cookin

Respected Contributor

I love Dollar Tree and other $ stores. I have had the BC long 2 sized (on end ) spatula for a long time and find it better at cleaning in peanut butter jar than my spurtles.

I do not like thier lunch type Betty Crocker containers as none of the lids will snap tight and stay . Did not work well for DH's packed lunch. I am pitching them and going back to Rubbermaid. 

I do love to shop there. One does not need to use a calculator or ask ' how much is this ? ' 

Esteemed Contributor

@cookinfreak wrote:

@CelticCrafter , @shoesnbags 

I had a friend who was looking at the tools and pulled one of the peg, and the one above it came with it, hit her in the eye and she ended up with a black eye for a long time. 

cookin

@cookinfreak 

Oh no!  Sounds like something I would do, lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

Yes, the bundt cake carrier has a clear plastic top and a white plastic "plate" bottom.  It's hot heavy duty, but works perfectly for my needs.  I have trouble finding it (with the other plastic wear pieces), it is not always available.  Last time I found them in a local store I bought 5!