Honored Contributor

Better get my baking & cookie recipes 🎄🎅🏻

[ Edited ]

Edited:  Poor choice of words ... as pointed out by others🤷‍♀️ not "clients but friends"

and from now on I'll carefully remember many "read more into things"😉

==========

As many here know during the shutdown I baked "treats" for our staff (and others) once a week.

At first as a joke I called it "The Pandemic Bakery" then after we called it "The Post Pandemic Bakery".  Well, news traveled fast I started getting calls for birthday, special occasions and cookie/brownie goodies.

I was asked if  I was doing "holiday cookie trays" again this year.  I thought about it and decided what better way to use my time.  I have done them for my holiday openhouse for guests to take home (Ive supplied boxes).  I've also been asked for a few holiday luncheon  get togethers -- many still play cards daily at homes or socialize.

Before the "rude comments start with regard to virus issues"  these friends  live in the community and others I know as service people.  Everything has been done on the phone to select menu or cookies they prefer.   I'll meet them outside to deliver.

I'm happiest baking it's my mental therapy!  These are some of trays I've done.  Most have requested mini holiday cupcakes & mini bars, brownies, snickerdoodle, sugar, shortbread and of course, twp favorites: oatmeal raisin with maple glazing and choc chip variations.

C06171DC-AA47-47F2-8BD4-A8EF9CC62F71.jpeg

C98C3631-7268-49DE-9AB6-EC16C8B9BA45.jpeg

A3B0A885-04F7-407F-AAEF-397A2A3A4F30.jpeg

F0D4516A-0B92-410B-A360-6B6870916E16.jpeg42EA9818-CBA5-415E-99DE-25108064F031.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Better get my baking & cookie recipes & supplies ...Gonna be a holiday baking marathon?

@homedecor1 

Good for you.  People must continue to eat and want holiday goodies during the season.  Yes, several Canasta clubs in my area and Mexican Domino groups meet to play.  I don't because I have sworn off socializing during this time and I don't feel guilty, just a little lonesome.  

I cannot see where you are putting yourself at risk or others by doing this than the guy who cuts your meat at the market or the lady there who bakes the goodies.  In fact, you are at less risk.  So I am hoping your baking sales go great.

Honored Contributor

Re: Better get my baking & cookie recipes & supplies ...Gonna be a holiday baking marathon?

@homedecor1.  Don't you need some sort of inspection and health department certification to prepare food for profit?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Wow!  Those are beautiful!! Nice work!  

Respected Contributor

I would be more than happy to recieve your cookie tray beautiful work. All I need a cup of coffee,good movie and I am set. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1.  Don't you need some sort of inspection and health department certification to prepare food for profit?

You do in my state of PA.  I make cookies and other goodies to give away.  I wanted to make trays and sell them, but we have pets.

You can not get certified if you have pets.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1  they look so pretty!  Bet they taste just as good as they look 👍.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  No fear from me. I'd snatch those up in a nanosecond!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Those look delish! Great decorating job!

I'll take 1 of each tray! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That's the first thing I thought of. Presumably, the OP is competing against established firms that have to be licensed and inspected, or if not "competing," is providing bakery and catering services that others provide as a business.

I wouldn't go near a truly "homemade" dish or goodie after seeing how a church I went to dealt with the food it sold. I was probably the only person on board who'd ever had a food handler's license. No one else seemed to know the first thing about proper prep, storage, and cleanup.