Honored Contributor

Re: Best vanilla extract online.

[ Edited ]

@FiddleDeeDee 

Absolutley   THE SPICE HOUSE

thespicehouse.com

Best spice company I have ever dealt with.

Excellent products, website, recipes and no foolishness!

Great quality vanilla....I am well pleased with all their extracts.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FiddleDeeDee   Just this past weekend either on Cooks Country or Americas Test Kitchen, they has a taste test for vanilla.  The best was Simply Organic but also the most expensive.  The second was Bakers at the least expensive price which was what they used in their kitchen.

Honored Contributor

ITA with others about Penzey's. 

Everything I've ever gotten from them has been excellent quality.  Not only that, but their customer service is outstanding.

Respected Contributor

Penzy's is great.  Do you know someone who is going to Costco and would buy you a bottle?  Above all else never, never, never settle for imitation.  YUK!

Valued Contributor

Trader Joes
Esteemed Contributor

I do not know. But a lot of the ones mentioned here have added sugar. Kind of a surprise to me.

Super Contributor

Yes, I love Penzeys vanilla

www penzeys com

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee   Just this past weekend either on Cooks Country or Americas Test Kitchen, they has a taste test for vanilla.  The best was Simply Organic but also the most expensive.  The second was Bakers at the least expensive price which was what they used in their kitchen.

Maybe that's where I got the info on Baker's.

I find it interesting that several vanilla products stressed that they held their flavor through baking and freezing. Didn't know that could be a problem.

I have a lot of Simply Organic herbs and spices, so I was looking at the feedback for their vanilla on Amazon. More than one reviewer complained about the flavor being weak and one mentioned doubling the amount to get it right. I'm glad it worked for ATK, but will probably stick with my cheap Baker's version.

Honored Contributor

I swear by Penzeys double strength vanilla.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I swear by Penzeys double strength vanilla.  

@DiAnne 

i have not tried their double strength. when you are using it in a recipe to you use the same amount that is stated in the recipe?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein