Contributor

Best skillet for glass top stove

I’m hoping to find a good non stick skillet that will work on my glass top stove for my daughter. She’s been using my giant skillets for making grilled cheese, so I want something smaller. Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best skillet for glass top stove

No offense, but are you saying you don't have any small non-stick skillets? It doesn't take a special skillet to make a grilled cheese sandwich. They all work quite well on a modern "glass top stove".  I use a nice little non-stick skillet I bought at BB&B - also have a little one from Walmart and it works just fine for grilled cheese.

Contributor

I don’t have any small skillets at all. So nothing to make a single serving of say scrambled eggs or anything like that. I know I don’t need a special skillet, I was just looking for any recommendations for any that would work well with a glass top stove.
Esteemed Contributor

I honestly don't have a brand to recommend, but you can find a nice non-stick small skillet at Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Walmart, Kohl's, etc. And you'll probably find a variety of prices - whatever you want to spend. I'm not a gourmet cook by any means, but I don't buy the cheapest skillets nor the most expensive for my glass top stove...and that works for me!

Super Contributor

Any skillet will work on a glass top stove, even cast iron. Just don't drag the across the stove top. Pick them up and move them. As far as non stick goes....I highly recommend Curtis Stone.

Respected Contributor

Curtis Stone sold on HSN & Amazon....excellent quality, you won't be disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Any skillet with a flat, even bottom will work on a glass top stove.  You don't need anything special.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I never bought any special pans when I had a glass stovetop. I used my All Clad that I've had for years.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Just need it to have a flat bottom, not curved or rounded.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I like my Farberware.....I believe that Walmart carries them