Valued Contributor

Re: Best-selling cookies in the U.S.

@novamc1 BelVita? Only if you like vanilla flavored sawdust.

Esteemed Contributor

I do like Milano cookies! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

@Sooner 

The article says Litle Debbie (McKee Foods) had been selling oatmeal cookies since 1935, but the company made Oatmeal Creme Pies beginning in 1960.  (The "pies" reportedly are two chewy oatmeal cookies stuck together with a pasty sugar filling.)

@novamc1 That's a moon pie!  Woman Very Happy

@Sooner 

Ummmm, no, it's not.

Moon Pies are graham cracker with a marshmallow filling, covered in chocolate.

About Us | MoonPie

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner You made me chuckle, saying you'd eat both the Bel Vita and the cookie!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The story mentioned that BelVita "breakfast biscuits" were first created in  1891 by Kraft Foods and marketed  in Europe, and that what we know as cookies are called biscuits in the U.K.  

Reportedly, BelVita wasn't brought to the U.S. until 2012.  In 2014, Nabisco launched a smaller, bite-sized line of BelVita called "Bites".

Apparently, Costco sells the cinnamon/brown sugar version, and as I said earlier, they appeared to be selling well when I watched customers rolling carts out the door recently.

Trusted Contributor

I really like the PF Milano cookies, but much more prefer the Lido that I can't find anymore. A package of BelVita work well for me as a quick breakfast in the cinnamon & brown sugar. 

Honored Contributor

There are very few cookies or cakes I don't like, but a fig newton tops my NO list, followed by a moon pie. 

My maternal grandparents always had fig newtons; I learned very early not to immediately say yes to a cookie at their house!   

I love graham crackers, marshmallow and chocolate, but not together as a moon pie or s'mores.   One hand can count the number of bites of traditional chocolate moon pie I've had in my lifetime; I have never tasted the banana flavored ones.   I will eat a banana occasionally, plain or on a peanut butter sandwich, but that's as far as my taste for banana goes.   

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite cookie of all time is soft baked chocolate chip. Chips Ahoy makes a good one.

I don't eat them often but I still like Oreo cookies.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

@Sooner 

The article says Litle Debbie (McKee Foods) had been selling oatmeal cookies since 1935, but the company made Oatmeal Creme Pies beginning in 1960.  (The "pies" reportedly are two chewy oatmeal cookies stuck together with a pasty sugar filling.)

@novamc1 That's a moon pie!  Woman Very Happy

@Sooner 

Ummmm, no, it's not.

Moon Pies are graham cracker with a marshmallow filling, covered in chocolate.

About Us | MoonPie

@KingstonsMom Close enough for me.  I know what a moon pie is.  I know what R.C. is too and I can't stand either.   But in today's world, that oatmeal thing is essentially a moon pie. 

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Sooner You made me chuckle, saying you'd eat both the Bel Vita and the cookie!!

@Love my grandkids Now you know that's not funny!  Woman SurprisedWoman Wink

And SOOOOO true!