Trusted Contributor

“Best fruitcake you ever tasted“ says D.V.

[ Edited ]

Saw this on today's ITKWD.   D.V. gave a raving positive testimonial.  
If D.V. says the product is the best he has ever tasted, it must be good?

I have never eaten a fruit cake.
Beatrice Bakery (52) Wrapped Fruitcake Slices.  $39.95  free s&h.  Before tax of course.  😁

B6EC08B3-F5AE-4081-AD16-5C04DE9A5ABC.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: “Best fruitcake you ever tasted“ says D.V,

@EatWell wrote:

Saw this on today's ITKWD.   D.V. gave a raving positive testimonial.  

This doesn't make me want to order it--too expensive for me--but it does make me want to dig out my mother's recipe for fruitcake and make one this year!

Honored Contributor

Re: “Best fruitcake you ever tasted“ says D.V.

Collin Street Bakery fruit cake - the ABSOLUTE best!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you, @KaySD! But the idea of individually wrapped fruitcake slices is a really good one...

Valued Contributor

I love fruitcake, but prefer my own homemade. My diabetes says no thoughSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I agree with you, @KaySD! But the idea of individually wrapped fruitcake slices is a really good one...

@loriqvc 

I agree, that is a good idea! I may try it--waxed paper or parchment should work well. 

My mother's recipe was for a very dark cake that had barely enough batter to hold the fruit and nuts together. She made it in the fall and basted it with a little brandy every week or two. It was so pickled that it would probably keep without freezing--but it was so rich and good that even eating tiny pieces, it never survived long once opened. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This IS the best fruitcake I ever tasted too.  I'd go as far as saying it's one of the best cakes I have ever eaten.  

I used to buy Collin Street from Texas that is made for the White House that I thought was the best.  Beatrice's is far superior to the Texas cake.

I buy the 3 pounders.  They have been known to sell out on QVC, so if you want one for Thanksgiving and Christmas, order now.  

Honored Contributor

I don't remember what brand it was, but the fruitcake I got from QVC last year was the worst I've ever tasted.  I love fruitcake and will usually eat any of it but that stuff went in the garbage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee  I agree.  Last year we got the variety 3 pack.  We loved all 3.

I had the 3# set up for fall delivery until I saw this one. I ordered it last night and cancelled the 3# fruitcake.

Occasional Contributor

Is this better than Clayton fruit cake?