Respected Contributor

Best cookware I've ever owned

[ Edited ]

Months ago at Costco, I bought a set of Circulon nonstick cookware, mainly because I wanted the saucepans with draining lids in the set.  Also because they were advertised as dishwasher safe---something I doubted because dishwashing has traditionally not been kind to nonstick pans.

Since then, those pans been through my dishwasher numerous times and look and perform good as new.  My dream came true, especially as it pertains to the onerous task of  cleaning large pans by hand.

I use at least one or two of the pieces almost every day.  They  heat up and respond better on my gas burners than any other cookware aside from LC cast iron.

Love the heat-proof handles and lid handles.  Suitable for induction cooktops, too.

Highly recommend this line if you need something new.

CIRCULON PROFESSIONAL NONSTICK HARD-ANODIZED 13-PIECE SET--currently priced at $199.00 at Costco, also available from other sources.  Don't confuse the small percentage of negative reviews seen for various other lines of  Circulon pans with this "professional" set.

View Larger Image 1

Respected Contributor

Re: Best cookware I've ever owned

While I don't have that set, and boy does it look nice, I have an older Circulon Anodized set. They're wonderful, and are the pans I reach for everyday.

Honored Contributor

That looks like a great set. I don't have a membership there though. 

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse 

You can find this set  elsewhere, such as Amazon, Walmart.

I'm a cookware freak and own and use (or have in the past) just about   ALL the cookware on the planet--or maybe it just seems that way, because it's one item I splurge on. 

Also own a few big pieces from Curtis Stone and use them frequently, but find they don't always seem to heat up evenly on my gas cooktop.  (Wish I still had my old reliable glass cooktop from our previous home.)

Some brands and types work out well for some types of cooking, others are good for other types.

I think this Circulon will be my last purchase.

Super Contributor

I agree. Circulon is great! I have purchased pieces from TJMaxx.

Respected Contributor

Lovely, but the 400F limit in the oven would be a dealbreaker for me. 

Thank goodness, because I have enough Curtis Stone. 

Enough of his cookware, that is. I could never get enough of him, of course. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I bought this set for my DIL for Christmas a couple of years ago.  I was watching the grandkids and made dinner with them and fell iin love.  Bought myself a set over a year ago and it still looks brand new.  I do hand wash becasue it's so quick & easy.  

Super Contributor

I have the same set only in black that i bought at Costco about 4 years ago.

WATCH OUT!!  I have found that the sides of the pots are losing their non-stick coating and the aluminum is showing.  This i due to tapping the side with a wooden spoon when I'm using the pots.  You know, you tap the spoon to get rid of what's on it after you stir.

SO disappointed.  I figure I might have about another year of use before I have to toss them.

Respected Contributor

The Re: Best cookware I've ever owned

[ Edited ]

The Circulon cookware set (13 pieces) that I raved about above has just shown up in Costco's latest sales brochure.

The sale runs  Oct. 28-Nov. 22.

Price is $149.99, which is $50 off the regular price, same as when I bought mine earlier this year.

Costco will also have the Oster French Door convection countertop oven on sale during that time for $99.99.

And a 6-qt. Instant Pot Gourmet Multicooker for $59.99.

Valued Contributor

You don't need to buy a membership. You can get some kind of guest pass for a day.