Contributor

Best brick and mortar store for kitchenware

Home Goods gets my vote, followed by TJ Maxx. Can't pass by Home Goods without going in even though I don't really need anything,

Honored Contributor

Re: Best brick and mortar store for kitchenware

I think most metro areas have specialty independent kitchen stores which have a plethora of wonderful, unusual items you see nowhere else.  They are my favorite stores.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@ncmama  I like Sur La Table and Williams Sonoma.  But at this point I only usually need small ticket items, such as kitchen towels.  I have more than enough of the countertop appliances, gadgets, utensils, etc.

My big ticket items were purchased from QVC. I've also picked up a few things online from Zulily, such as some Nordic Ware pans.

Of course, when I am in Home Goods, TJMaxx, Marshalls, or Macy's, I always just HAVE to browse the kitchen department whether I need anything or not.

I also love to purchase things in a boutique store here in DC called "Hill's Kitchen" which carries a big assortment of kitchen items.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

Sur La Table and Williams Sonoma are full of goodies and both are favorites. I would say if you have a restaurant supply store near you, it is full of all kinds of kitchen items, cookware, gadgets, and dinnerware. I shop often in the one near me and have never left empty-handed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lived within walking distance of a Bed, Bath and Beyond for 14 years before moving here.  Whenever I had free time... really free time with no obligations, you could find me cruising the aisles. The gadget area was my happy place and their coupons were excellent.  I've missed it terribly and now I hear they are closing all their stores... I feel partially responsible for that, because I think I was the one keeping them in business all those years, lol.

Back in the days before online shopping, Macy's was one of my go-to places for kitchenware.  I can't remember the last time I was in one of those classic department stores.

@ECBG 

Have you ever been to Hamrick's? I see their commercials all the time but I've never shopped there. Is it worth the trip?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

It depends on what you're looking for. The "best" store would have an infinite selection of everything at the lowest price, but such a store just doesn't exist. For basics, it's hard to beat Walmart and Target. They both have enough stuff to equip nearly any kitchen with 90%+ of what you need at a good price. TJ Maxx, Marshalls and the like are a bit hit and miss, but you can occasionally find higher end stuff there at a good price.  Macy's used to have an excellent kitchen department, often with good prices on sales, but it's probably been ten years or so since I was last in one. Specialty retailers are more reliable on the higher end stuff. Restaurant supply stores are good if you need stuff in bulk. 

Small appliance pricing has largely stabilized across all platforms with every retailer charging essentially the same price within a few dollars. The exceptions being Black Friday and Amazon's Prime Day. Then you can find better deals at some retailers. Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. all pretty much price their small appliances in the same range these days.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Hard-core Williams Sonoma customer here.  With quality, sales and discounts and points, I'm very happy with the prices and service and have found almost no disappointments in anything they sell.

I do also buy a number of Zojiriushi appliances and am 100 percent satisfied with those--from QVC, Amazon or Zo directly.  Everything from bread machines, rice cookers, water boilers, to travel cups!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat 

Yes, I have been to Hamricks. Ooccasionally, they will get some sandals and really mark them down.  I got DS some nice Carhardt clothes for his camping, maybe 10 years ago.

I don't buy much polyester, and the styles they get in are not fashionable at all (to me).

If you want my grandmother's table cloths, ( you are more than welcome to the few I have) I can meet you at your nearest Ingles.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Aside from the tablecloths, which is a wonderfully generous offer, I would like to meet you some day for coffee or lunch.  I have trouble making any plans, because the nature of substitute teaching is that I never know when I'll be working.  Perhaps this summer we can make that happen.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Just throwing in my two cents .... yes @ECBG  that was a very kind and generous offer you made to @house_cat .  Such a thoughtful gesture!